Recent content by DIY

1. DIY

2 wire to a 3 wire outlet

Hi all, Does anyone know if It is code compliant/acceptable with outlets that only have 2 wires (black,white) running into them to run a third ground bare wire from the outlet all the way to the breaker box? Thank you
  2. DIY

Toilet ups and downs

Hi all, Ok, 1 of the 2 toilets in this house works sometimes fine flushes good , not to slow not too fast ,flushes all materials put in the bowl in one flush. Other times the flush process takes up to 4 flushes , then basically by that time the plunger comes out. The 1,200 gallon septic tank...
  3. DIY

GFCI receptacle questions

I got some side info. on the GFCI outlets. The owner had the receipt of the 14 GFCI's he had gotten at lowe's (most were in a 3 pack) for 14 cooper GFCI outlets he paid $37.67!
  4. DIY

Thank you , Stuff and Houptee for your replies to my GFCI question. Stuff, in answer to your suggestion about installing 2 prong outlets. The GFCI outlets replaced 2 prong outlets the owner told me. Houptee,That was a great read about grounding and GFCI outlets you sent me. Many thanks
  5. DIY

Hi all, Today I finally got the chance to take a look see at this 2 bedroom/ 1 bath duplex for sale. It all looked to be in good shape inside and out, for being built in the late 50's,It has numerous upgrades, but the thing that seemed odd was at all of the 14 outlets per 2 bedroom was a GFCI...
  6. DIY

Washer hookup electrical outlet box

Thank you Speedy and hj
  7. DIY

Washer hookup electrical outlet box

I want to hook up a washer. The place that it Is going is pre wired with a 20amp breaker,and 12-2 cable running to the box. The outlet box is 7" from the drain standpipe. In this case would it be best to install a GFCI outlet or a 3 prong 110/115v outlet? THANKS ALL
  8. DIY

some say this others say that

Hi all happy Memorial day, I want to install a window a/c unit. I have been doing some how to reading up on it. Some sites say make sure to fasten the a/c unit to the brackets or directly to the aluminum/wood part of window,and make sure the a/c unit is level. Others say make sure the a/c...
  9. DIY

Wondering about this grounding thing

I have been in houses that have added a single ground wire from every outllet back to the breaker box. And I have been in houses and apartments that have spent thousands on re wire jobs for ground. What is the difference between the 2 ways that ultimately lead to the same end result. A proper...
  10. DIY

preparing for sod

I am preparing @ 350 + sq.ft.of earth for sod. Scattered throughout that area are these grass plugs of what looks like bahia grass,and when I till/ariate the earth with a hand tiller they come up easy enough. The tines on this tiller are about 5-1/2 inches long. My question is this: How deep do...
  11. DIY

Is this shotty short cut work or is It ok fine.?

Hope I did not confuse all,but I supplied the fan @ $25. and cut the hole in the ceiling for the fan, and fastened It in place. And for the most part ducted to the outside minus the plastic cover,the double toggle switch @ $8. and the romex I already had. Hell my 6ft. fiberglass ladder was...
  12. DIY

Thanks for the reply nukeman,and thanks for asking about the duct work for the fan. Yes, i forgot to put that in my post about this. The duct work was done and directed to the outside. I guess I got in a bit of a ? mark wondering if all was wired correctly... never hurts to double check. Thanks...
  13. DIY

I had an electrician install a bathroom fan on the ceiling. (as he explained the whole process of what he will do to) The bathroom has an existing switch for the light. He put a bigger deeper box in(14 cubic inches as the invoice reads) and ran a short section of wire (12-2 or 14-2 he did not...
  14. DIY

Mini split heat/cool system

North central Florida here. Last winter was unusually cold for this area in which early and late evenings for a good 3-4 weeks got into the low to mid 20's, and about 1- 2 of those weeks some nights dropped into the teens. Yep, a definate record low for this area! Lightwave does the mini...
  15. DIY

Mini split heat/cool system

Hi looking for some all across the board info. on a mini split system from HVAC contractors,subs or customers that have this system? prices to expect,best system out there, how many sq.ft. does a single indoor unit cover,. I mean are they as great as these ads and sites make them out to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks