Recent content by DIY Lemon

1. DIY Lemon

DWV Check (Second Opinion)

Apologies about the hard to read text! Wayne is spot-on with the fitting identifications. Thank you both!
  2. DIY Lemon

Yes, the 3x3x2 is to the lav. The cleanout has been glued shut. It was only installed to test the system. Thanks for the reply!
  3. DIY Lemon

Hello Everyone! Years ago I received some excellent advice from this forum on a DWV plan for my main level 3/4 bathroom. I installed the rough plumbing underneath the slab and unfortunately due to time constraints I will be unable to finish the installation of fixtures. I had a plumber out...
  4. DIY Lemon

Tank less water heater in low flow house

I went from a tanked water heater to a tankless. I did not notice any pressure drop. I did notice the flow rate drop on the hot water side though.
  5. DIY Lemon

2nd Opinion Needed For Gas Line Pressure Test

Thanks for the responses! I knew the appliance itself would not be connected during the test I was just unsure if the manual shutoff valve serving that appliance would be able to handle the pressure even if the valve was in the open position and capped / plugged. According to jadnashua it...
  6. DIY Lemon

2nd Opinion Needed For Gas Line Pressure Test

So, thanks to the help of everyone here my project has slowly been moving forward. The information I am getting from my local inspector seems to conflict with advice I have read here. I need to test a newly installed gas supply line to my tankless water heater for leaks. The inspector...
  7. DIY Lemon

Using Abandoned Copper Pipe For PEX Chase

I was able to pull the 1/2” PEX through with no issues at all. I did make sure to deburr the inside of the copper pipe ends extremely thoroughly and I blew the empty lines out with an air compressor. Kinda nice to luck out once in while ;-) Thanks for the tip about the custom support bends...
  8. DIY Lemon

Using Abandoned Copper Pipe For PEX Chase

Hello Everyone, I am in the process of repiping my house in Uponor PEX due to pinhole leaks in the existing copper. I have been struggling to find an acceptable solution to route new PEX supply lines to the kitchen sink which is located on-slab and placed on an exterior 2 X 4 wall. Currently...
  9. DIY Lemon

Is a Re-Vent Necessary / Advisable?

As always Terry, you're awesome! Thanks again!
  10. DIY Lemon

Thanks Terry, I have had two plumbers come out to bid this job and both of them would have done it the way you said not to. I really appreciate the advice and direction to get it done right. How does this look? I was also planning on including a cleanout for the washer drain line near the...
  11. DIY Lemon

Hello Everyone, I have a small bathroom that I am renovating. This bathroom started out as a 1/2 bath with laundry hookup. I have moved the laundry upstairs and wish to convert this bathroom into a 3/4 bath by adding a shower. After removing most of the slab to expose the plumbing I have...
  12. DIY Lemon

DWV Check For Upstairs Laundry

Thanks Terry!
  13. DIY Lemon

Sorry to revive an old post. I am just now getting to the installation of the upstairs laundry. After removing some drywall to access the plumbing I found a potential issue with my laundry relocation to the second floor. The original washer drain line, a sink, and toilet (all contained in the...
  14. DIY Lemon

Just for my own understanding, would a wye be used because the san-t is placed on its back and would be in violation of code or best practice? Thank you very much for taking the time to look it over!
  15. DIY Lemon

Hey Guys, I was hoping for someone to look over my diagram for a second floor laundry closet. I have researched this forum and multiple online sources to determine what I need to do. I live in Washington State (UPC). I am in the process of moving the laundry upstairs from a utility room on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks