Recent content by DIY-JourneyMan

1. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

Hello All, I've just returned from the big box with a new shower head and "Test Plug" kit! They didn't seem to have a gasket that goes on the business end of the tub, so I picked up the kit because it has a gasket in it that I could cut a hole in for drainage. Or would I be better served to...
  2. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

HJ Thank you Sooooo much! I removed the shower neck, and inspected the pipe, then I capped the pipe by removing the shower head. Ran it for 15 minutes no leak! Then I poured a bucket and a half down the overflow and the leak showed, so now how do I fix this? Can I seal the overflow, or do I...
  3. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

From yesterdays check the pipes were dry. I'm at a loss :confused:
  4. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

Could the shower neck be the problem?
  5. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

Ok, just ran the shower and eventhough it still leaks, it seemed to take longer to leak. I'm starting to think the tub my be the problem. I will check the level of the tub here in a few minutes, should I check the floor of the tub or a side wall?
  6. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

Hello All, The tub use is fine, he's able to take a bath, fill and drain with no leaks. I did notice that the leaking seamed to have moved several inches away from where we first discovered it. Initially it seemed like the water traced down the alarm wiring. Yesterday I ran the shower and had...
  7. DIY-JourneyMan

Leaking tub/shower

Hello all! I have a leak that happens when the shower is run in my son's bath? I've removed all the covers to fine bone dry pipes! Could this be a diverter problem? It's a Moen bath tub shower combo. Also the tub has a squeak in it? A handyman told me the tub is fine and to put one liquid nail...
  8. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

Thanks Cookie for the kind words. However the only thing that has changed in the bathroom is the position of the toliet (me moving it). I'm really starting to think its a past memory of the smell that sets her off into thinking she's smelling it again. I don't want to totally discount her, but...
  9. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

I don't know?!?! I'm starting to think my wife likes to see me pull the toliet up:confused: Again I can't say I've smelled sewer gas. So I'm begining to wonder if my better half is having a bout with "post dramatic sewer smell disorder"! The last time I pulled the toliet this is what I did...
  10. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

It's Back - I think?!? Hello All, After returning from an extended weekend, and my wife says she smells the sewer gas again:eek: I can't confirm or deny the gas because I've yet to smell it. Since she gets home before I do the exhaust fan in the bath is going well before I return:mad: So...
  11. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

Scent Free-Friday!! It looks like it worked:) This morning still no sewer smell, the smell generally shows itself on the second day, I figured three days would be a good test;) Thank you everyone for your advise and pointers! Now on to the next plumbing challenge:eek: Duan
  12. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

Why thank you SteveW, I didn't know that:D Well, last night I faced the moment of truth! Wax ring number four went on last night. This go round I "felt" as if I got a good seal/seating. I did have some wax come out of the left bolt hole, but it wasn't alot. As of this morning no sewer smell...
  13. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

Last Question - Hopefully Why should I not caulk the rear of the toliet? Duan
  14. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

Back to Wax :( Well Jim, It looks like I'm headed back to wax:cool: I just wish I hadn't cleaned the flange so, that thing looks brand new:o Oh, well I just want the sewer gas and this situation to become a distant memory:rolleyes: I'll pick up a wax ring this afternoon, I think this may...
  15. DIY-JourneyMan

Faint Sewer Smell

90 degree turn Ok, Jim I've cleaned both the bottom of the toliet and the flange. Upon pulling the rag out I see that my pipe make a 90 degree turn:eek: In the trouble shooting section of the directions say that "should the toliet rock" The drain pipe makes 90 degree turn so the the Bowl...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks