Recent content by dinkledoodle

1. dinkledoodle

Please recommend Toto or Eljier 1 piece models

We have a contemporary decorating style and have the Carlyle in the guest bath and the Eco-Soiree in the Master. Love, love, love them both. Had the Carlyle for about a year. Liked it so much I swapped out the other toilet for the Soiree a couple of weeks ago. BTW, you're in the right place...
  2. dinkledoodle

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

Arrrrrrgh! You're not going to believe this. I walked in this morning, gave it a pity flush and voila! Flushed perfectly. What did I do? Absolutely nothing! I have no idea what happened. It was a miracle... I have a self-healing toilet... :)
  3. dinkledoodle

I'm thinking so too Jim. There was wax oozing out all around the adapter. I never see that in Terry's pictures. We plan to call the company Monday.
  4. dinkledoodle

Thank you Terry. Sorry for the vent, but as I said I was just tired. This is how he attached the refill tube. It isn't the overflow, but it does point down it. And as you see there is still no flush. Oh well... (p.s. It was the 10" adapter.)
  5. dinkledoodle

Oops! Not a pleasant experience yesterday. First, the plumber sent out by my "Silver rated" Toto dealer couldn't figure out how to install the toilet. He got all the way to dropping the cone into the adapter and couldn't make it fit in. He said it wouldn't fit because there wasn't enough space...
  6. dinkledoodle

Toto unifit installation question

Thanks Terry. And I will etch that quote into my brain...
  7. dinkledoodle

Soiree question

Adding a strong "YES," there are enough rough-ins that are not 12" to warrant the modular approach. I have a 10" and am glad to have found the option. There are many toilets in older houses that do not have the commonly used 12" rough-in that has become the standard today. Also, Toto wisely...
  8. dinkledoodle

Toto unifit installation question

OK. A question only a true amateur could ask.... Are the green anchors that come with the UniFit suitable for anchoring into terrazzo/concrete, or should I use something else? If so, what? The Home Depot guy says to use Tapcons. My dad swore by lead anchors. What say you?
  9. dinkledoodle

Mounting a Toilet: Grout, plaster, or putty?

Ace and other stores have plastic toilet shims.
  10. dinkledoodle

Wax Ring question from a nonplumber

The Toto Onefit connections use a wax ring the the adapter joins the flange. I'm told that the wax ring seals out toxic sewer gases. However, it uses a rubber gasket where the toilet joins the adapter. If rubber is adequate to seal out sewer gases there, why can't rubber be used at the flange...
  11. dinkledoodle

LOWE'S recommended Crane Plumbing toilet

Just adding that there is distinction between Lowe's recommending and some guy or gal at Lowe's recommending. I find that sometimes you get good advice from store staff and sometimes you don't. Especially at Lowes. They nevr have enough people on the floor. The person helping you in...
  12. dinkledoodle

funny toilet poster

Ewwww.... Hmmmmm..... Ewwwww... lol.... Ewwww..... :D:D:D
  13. dinkledoodle

It's worth it to go eco, not only because of the good you do the Earth by saving water, but for the dollar savings from using less water. The toilet is the largest single user of water in the average home (I always thought it was the shower). The difference from 1.6 to 1.28 gpf is not...
  14. dinkledoodle

Silicone Bead?

Thanks. I understand.
  15. dinkledoodle

Can anybody tell me anything about the Ariel toilets?

Good advice RWB. It usually works out that way around here too... Love that Gwyneth, Steve. Wish it was a 10" rough-in.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks