Recent content by Dianelouise

1. Dianelouise

Miele Dishwasher to Air Gap adapter

Thanks Terry, In the written Miele instructions they do recommend but not insist on the high loop. I have created a "reducer" setup by reversing the 5/8 to 7/8 adapter and using a 1" x 1" barbed connector. This should be me passed the inspection unless someone has a better suggestion.
  2. Dianelouise

Miele is very clear. No cutting of the hose. The instructions in the manual only cover the basics. The main instruction sheet is pictures only and air gap/hose connection is not covered. They only show outlet hose attaching to the sink drain.
  3. Dianelouise

We are preparing to install our new Miele dishwasher. An Air Gap is required by the inspector. The question is how to connect the 7/8 dishwasher discharge hose to the 5/8" air gap. Our current approach is to use an adapter sold by Insinkerator that adapts 5/8" discharge to the 7/8" disposer...
  4. Dianelouise

gas hot water tank corrosion at lid

I just noticed some corrosion around the "lid" of our American 50 gallon gas hot water heater (installed in 1999). Also noticed some corrosion around the opening where the pressure relief rod comes out. Question - is it time to get a new hot water heater before it leaks everywhere? Does the...
  5. Dianelouise

New 10" deep sink - now waste drain too high! options?

Ok, thanks for the input. I guess I'll start shopping for a sink. I'm thankful to have discovered this now rather than later.
  6. Dianelouise

I looked at the wall (drywall is still on) - and it looks like the drain runs sort of horizontal to a Johnson T about 3 studs away. We would have to move that entire section of drain down and replumb the Johnson T. Also, there is electrical running below that drain that would probably have to...
  7. Dianelouise

I found a diagram from another thread - I think I will be ok! As long as the wall drain is below the disposal outlet (ours will be about 1" lower) I can make the plumbing work. In this diagram, the disposal outlet goes straight to a P-trap and then into the wall - I think that is what I will...
  8. Dianelouise

I'm trying to see if I can avoid opening up the wall to lower the drain - dear hubby is traveling for 3 weeks and I want to avoid calling a plumber if I can help it. Our budget is already blown to bits! I have a new 10" deep undermount sink - not installed yet. Cabinets not installed...
  9. Dianelouise

yikes! water all over the utility room floor!

oh rats! replacing the expansion tank didn't work! replaced the expansion tank last night. went downstairs to get the fans going and found more water on the floor. I will replace the temp/pressure valve next. question for you... since we do not have a basement drain in the floor, can we...
  10. Dianelouise

thanks for your input... Our expansion tank does need to be replaced - so I got a bigger one to fit our high water pressure. Hopefully, this will solve my problems. Now, assuming that is fixed, how do I dry soggy very damp carpeting and padding? is it possible to do so without pulling it...
  11. Dianelouise

we have a 50 gallon hi recovery gas hot water heater originally installed in 1999. We have a little thermal expansion tank too - about 1.5 gallons. Our 4 BR, 3 1/2BA house was built in 1976 and does NOT have a pressure reducing valve. The city utility company told me the incoming water...
  12. Dianelouise

Drop in Tub Sweat or compression

My DH is ready to connect the plumbing for our drop in tub. Should he sweat all the fittings or use comression. On the filler spout he would have to sweat the copper to the brass after install sense there is no room to turn the brass with the copper if its done before hand. He says he will be...
  13. Dianelouise

roman tub filler is only 2.5 gpm...

just to clarify - the individual hot and cold lines to the faucets are 1/2". Then in the mixing valve, where the water goes from the faucets to the spout, they drop to 3/8". Should I install the faucet and see if 2.5 gpm is "ok" or send it back before it's too late? thanks, diane
  14. Dianelouise

roman tub filler is only 2.5 gpm...

I made a terrible mistake! :eek: I picked the Hansgrohe 1901 Interactiv faucets and then ordered the matching shower head, valves, and roman tub filler. We are finally getting around to install the fixtures and my dear hubby noticed the input lines for the roman tub are the same size as the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks