Recent content by dfv2

1. D

Definitive bathroom primer and paint discussion

Haha! Jimbo you're on to something here. I can't get the gal to hit the fan on!! But, boy does it work well. I steamed up the mirror thoroughly with it off, then switched it on and took my shower. When I got it the steam was gone, everything was bone dry. Thanks for the help guys!!
  2. D

No hose clamps?

1" poly gets clamps always, anything under that is usually just pressed over the barb. Think about it, in the field you are only charging the line under flow conditions and only when you WANT it to get wet (duh) - the 1/2" won't come apart, especially buried, and worrying about leakage (while...
  3. D

Just in case anyone searches for paint suggestions and finds this thread; I went with Zinnser 1-2-3 to prime everything, put Sherwin Williams bath paint on the walls and Zinsser perma-white on the ceiling. I'll let everyone know in 5 years how it worked out ;)
  4. D

Well I have planned accordingly for humidity control - I installed a 110 CFM panasonic vent fan on a lutron digital timer switch (runs a preset time which you choose). And so, as far as paint goes I am still hearing 100% acrylic is the way to go, regardless of manufacturer. I was thinking...
  5. D

Sink drain rough-in... to 1960's era male threaded bronze?

thanks! I was watching holmes on homes, and his plumber guy was using a fernco to transition from the copper stub-out to abs. I just want a worry-free connection as I won't see a leak until it damages a LOT of stuff back there.
  6. D

Well now the plot thickens! I've concluded from most of my research that I should be looking for a 100% acrylic mildew resistant paint, and also that Behr isn't exactly "the best" paint around.
  7. D

YES I searched, endlessly. I understand there are 100 opinions, but humor me here one more go-around: If YOU were completely remodeling/renovating your master bathroom, what primer and/or paint would you use over bare drywall?
  8. D

Sink drain rough-in... to 1960's era male threaded bronze?

Nice forum! Been lurking a while, finally needed to register and ask some questions. My name is Steve and I've been renovating my 1960's ranch bath for the last month (yes, month). FINALLY, I'm trying to decide what to use for my sink drain. Stubbed out from the wall is the original male...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks