Recent content by DevilDog_RVN

1. DevilDog_RVN

Irrigation Head Scratcher - The Thot Plickens

I thought that by testing for voltage sequentially beginning with the valve closest to the controller, I would find the problem between two valve boxes when the voltage went to zero between them. That never happened.
  2. DevilDog_RVN

The timer is a brand-new Rachio R3 which includes its own transformer.
  3. DevilDog_RVN

The controller is a brand-new Rachio R3.
  4. DevilDog_RVN

I measured the voltages first at the controller and then at the solenoids. I'm puzzled at how I found 27 VAC at the solenoids and no continuity to any of the zones when I ohmed those out at the controller.
  5. DevilDog_RVN

I checked voltages at all six zones. Number 6 is closest to the controller, number 1 is furthest away. 6,5,4, & 3 Showed ~27 VAC. 2 & 1 showed 19VAC. I'm thinking that may be too low to actuate a solenoid. None of the valves open from the controller. Then I ohmed out all six zones and they all...
  6. DevilDog_RVN

We had a near miss with lightning at our house about 6 weeks ago. We lost 3 TV sets, a wireless router, a couple of FireSticks, and one desktop computer that was not behind a UPC. That may or may not have anything to do with what follows. A few days after the storm passed, we noticed that the...