Recent content by Derek Morgan Jr

1. Derek Morgan Jr

Double Check

Thanks for the link! Pretty much identical to what I want to accomplish. What did you pay for that carbon setup? That may be a better route to go than Pelican carbon depending on cost. Looks like carbon filters should go before the softener. Seems to be a lot of debate online. Some same after...
  2. Derek Morgan Jr

Double Check

Yes I was thinking of a pelican carbon filter or aquasana. Aquasana looks to have terrible flow at o my 7gpm. I can probably respond to your pm tomorrow. Do you think this system would be sized correctly for our home? No grid, no sst60, thanks for that.
  3. Derek Morgan Jr

Double Check

Brand new construction home that we close on this week and need to order a softener. 8 people (6 kids that are home only 60% of the time). Not everyone showers everyday there is a schedule. Hardness: 269 Mg/l (ppm) from a Lab. I don't believe any iron. Was thinking 64k grain system with...
  4. Derek Morgan Jr

Another help me with water softener options and sizing.

I am just glad you guys are here and have helped me along on what I should purchase (to get better water of course). I suspect you both have good ways of doing things and experience. Just like in Math and most things in life, there are usually multiple ways of doing something.
  5. Derek Morgan Jr

Awsome! Thanks. I will look into the a system with that pump. I can check for chlorine too.
  6. Derek Morgan Jr

I did a bucket test in my bathtub and it filled a 5 gallon bucket in exactly 60 sec. So 5GPM. Line is 3/4" that reduces to 1/2". Is this good or bad? At this point I am thinking about ordering a Fleck 7000 (2.5cu), 18x40 brine tank. Is 8% resin okay or should I upgrade to the 10%? Can you...
  7. Derek Morgan Jr

I bet not but our meter was reading zero gallons a few months ago and I didn't want them to back bill me if I let it go.
  8. Derek Morgan Jr

This is definitely helping. Our house is new construction and I totally forgot that I have a Taylor test kit for my Hot Tub at our older house. I got it out and did the calcium test with that and sure enough 450PPM. Which is a little higher than the test strips I have, but the test strips were...
  9. Derek Morgan Jr

Thank you for the response. I just figured out that 2.5cu ft. = 80,000 grain system. Since I am apparently (from water bill) using less water for our household size right now, will it be okay to have such a larger system? I have read that ~7 days is typical for regen. If I have the 2.5cu ft...
  10. Derek Morgan Jr

I put in the info into the quality water associates calculator and its saying like an 84000 system. I checked our water bill and it is roughly 8000 gallons per month. Which is way less then 60 per day which is what most people seem to use, to base numbers on. That is probably due to my kids...
  11. Derek Morgan Jr

Like others have found, the so called water softener calculators on the web are all over the place. I used some test strips that indicate around 25gpg. I called the city and they were not helpful. There website says about 125PPM average through the whole city. There is no way, ours is much...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks