Recent content by dennie

1. D

Soldered Pipes

Thanks. Apparently there are different accepted plumbing approaches to this problem based on what the plumber is comfortable with .I would agree the best way is to use a special tool rather than banging on the pipe and causing possable further damage. I have seen no leaks. Heck, I have no...
  2. D

Soldered Pipes

Folllow up Thank you all for the prompt info. I learned something and fell better. I just wanted to be sure that all that hitting of the pipe did not damaage any of the other soldered fittings in the valve since it knocked that piece of wood out. I guess if it did I would see water some where...
  3. D

Soldered Pipes

I preface this question by saying I have littke experience in plumbing and are probably being overly concerned. Howeve I figure better safe than sorry. My wife decieded to have our shower head and related parts replaced with a new Crohe hand held shower head assembly and pipe that extends...
  4. D

TOTO Flapper filmy substance

I recently 2 months ago installed 2 Toto Drake Toilets. I started to notice some reddish particles floating in the bowl water. When you touch them they have a filmy/greasy consistency and dissolve in your fingers. I looked inside the tank and noticed the flapper had the same substance on it that...
  5. D

New Toilet: after flush is complete water continues to drain from bowl for 30seconds

Toilet Bowl leak I have a similiar issue. I installed to Toto Drake toilets. One of them does the same thing and the other does not. I had the same problem with my prior toilet in the same bathroom. The plumber who installed them has been out to my house twice. We verified that the bowl was...
  6. D

toto toilet

I have installed two Drake Toto toilets. It appears that one bathroom floor is not as level as the other. I lose about one inch of water in the bowl in the unlevel flloor after a flush( they share a common vent pipe so this should not be the issue?), the other toilet loses no water after a flush...
  7. D

terry - follow up on toto question

Thanks for the replies. Terry I have some follow up questions. I currently have the red flapper. I presume that Toto is mailing me the blue flapper which they indicate closes slower thus letting more water out of the Tank to help the flushing action. Does the amount of water in the bowl...
  8. D

Toto toilet clog

Toto Clog Fllow up to my last post . The tilt is not 2/8 but about 1/8 of an inch
  9. D

Toto toilet clog

Toto clog Thanks for the replies. Terry I have some follow up questions. I currently have the red flapper. I presume that Toto is mailing me the blue flapper which they indicate closes slower thus letting more water out of the Tank to help the flushing action. Does the amount of water in...
  10. D

Toto toilet clog

I have just installed two new Toto Toilets model Drake CST744S elongated .I had read a great deal about these units. My old low flush I had to constantly plunge. I used the toilet for the First time and it clogged just like my old unit. What a disappointment! My plumber came out and we used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks