Recent content by Deirdre

1. D

Tiling a greenboard ceiling in steam room

No David in that particular room there is a window to the outside that is always open but the adjoining room is airconditioned with a door way and vent opening in the wall connecting both spaces.That a/c is used mainly at night. The steam is certainly not going to be used on a daily basis as in...
  2. D

Thanks David, Wow this is getting complicated, all I wanted was a simple steam shower. I live in the caribbean tropical climate over here we build very differently all structures are either concrete or clay block with a cement plastering to finish. Walls are never insulated and we are only now...
  3. D

Thanks for all the advice, I will also check JohnBridge. Wow I guess I should have done all this before putting up the green board. To answer geniescience's questions. It is a new steam shower I have constructed all the walls are clay block with a plastering of mortar these will be tiled as well...
  4. D

I would like some advice on tiling a green board ceiling within an enclosed steam bath. What is the best size tile to work with and what is the strongest adhesive or thinset to use. Also when grouting should any additive be used to ensure a proper seal is achieved.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks