Recent content by deguza

1. D

Can I use 1950 junction box with ROMEX® ?

I have 12 gauge conductors. It is a receptacle. There may be, say, a light fixture plugged into it. ROMEX® has three conductors, one for neutral.
  2. D

Can I use 1950 junction box with ROMEX® ?

Hello all: I am planning to rewire my home built in 1950. The current junction box at an outlet measures 3x2x2, and meets the current volume requirements. However, when I look at the 314.16(B) table, I see 4" as the height. Do I have to replace the junction boxes since the height does not...
  3. D

Happy ending to the clogged bath tub story

This one used a hand held one. I am sure he had a motorized one in his truck as well. Deguza
  4. D

Happy ending to the clogged bath tub story

Well, you may think that there could be one happy ending to a clogged bath tub story: An unclogged tub. You are half right: I finally decided to call a plumber. just as I was making out my mind as to who call, I got in the mail a renewal notice from a company. It said "Dear Policyholder...
  5. D

How do I make the snake move in drum trap drain?

The house was built in 1950. It is located in San Jose, Santa Clara County. Do you think it might have a drum trap? Deguza
  6. D

Fortunately there is the local gym! I am taking my showers there. :) :D Deguza
  7. D

I thought about this a bit more and checked on Internet. These traps seem to be several feet away from the location I am starting the snake at. I'm able to insert the snake only about 2 1/2 feet. I think I'm hitting something else. Probably the p-trap. Deguza
  8. D

How do I know if I have one of these traps? Go under the house? Thanks, Deguza
  9. D

I checked the size of the snake, it is quarter inch in diameter. Of course, the head of the snake is larger. Last night I spent another 15 minutes, but still no luck. What if I were to dip the tip of the snake in grease? Would it make it easier? Deguza
  10. D

Do you think I can access the piping in the crawl space? Would I be able to take apart the pipes down there? Deguza
  11. D

No backup from the toilet into the tub fortunately.
  12. D

Hello All: I finally figured out how to remove the overflow knob and now have vertical access to the bathtub drain. (You can read elsewhere on Internet by travails on this matter.) However, although I am able to get the snake in vertically, I cannot make it get it to move more that 2.5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks