Recent content by dedonderosa

1. dedonderosa

Creeping Boiler Pressure! Too High Help!

sorry for being a pain, so after the system is fully filled and pressure is at normal 12-15psi, i should leave the shut off valve permanently closed before the auto fill? and not open it at all?
  2. dedonderosa

yeah i could def hear water going through the fill valve after the boiler was fully hot at 180 deg. it just sounded like a small amount going through it. so im gonna say it has to be replaced then
  3. dedonderosa

Now someone please answer me this. If i drain the boiler a little to reduce the pressure down to 12-15psi and leave that water valve off the pressure will stay and the boiler will be at 180 deg. As soon as i open up that valve the gauge goes right to 20psi!? Is that because the boiler was hot...
  4. dedonderosa

Ok well i messed with it a little tonight. You may think im crazy lol i reduced the pressure cranked the t stat everything got hot etc gauge went from 12-15 up to 20psi and stayed there with tons of heat in the house And seeming to stay there... for now. I took a flat head screw driver to the...
  5. dedonderosa

so get the pressure down to 12-15psi then shut off the shut off valve lever before the auto fill valve correct?
  6. dedonderosa

how else should i try and bleed the boiler first ? is there another procedure besides just at the baseboards? can someone tell me exactly what i need to do or try first?
  7. dedonderosa

yeah no air came out of the baseboards, just constant steady streams of water, and like i said it was fine for a few weeks and was roughly staying at 20psi @ 180 degrees. but i would check it every few days or so and would notice that it went up to 25psi, and stay roughly there steady, then this...
  8. dedonderosa

also when i replaced all 3 of these items i had shut off all the water valves, let the boiler cool and drained the boiler, then proceded to replace the items. after all were replaced i slowly opened the valves to fill the boiler then fired it up, i was told there should not be a need to bleed...
  9. dedonderosa

Ok well let me start off my story by this. i went into the basement and noticed the floor was wet and the relief valve had popped off. so i initially thought it was time for a new one cause it was fairly old etc. I decided to turn off the switch for the boiler and drain the water and let it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks