Recent content by DEDon

1. DEDon

Moen Positemp single handle shower cartridges - waste of money

I'm retired, and have a good aptitude for repairing things around the house but, Enough IS Enough. Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated- having to deal with this shower valve, AGAIN. I've decided to do what I should have done, years ago- post a question about a troublesome shower valve/cartridge...
  2. DEDon

Time to replace my Gas Hot H2O Heater. Advice, please?

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and ordered a new SMIGPVT50, this morning. Best regards. This is close to my old model and 10 gal larger for those morning showers with two house guests. A little overkill but, I'm sure I'll be satisfied. Ordered from AF Supply, online. Seemed like an...
  3. DEDon

Time to replace my Gas Hot H2O Heater. Advice, please?

MY A.O.Smith FPS40, a NG Power Vented Unit is now leaking profusely out of the bottom of the tank, a trail of trickling HOT water escapes the lower shroud near the front pilot access door and trails down to the concrete floor beneath the metal seat on which the whole unit sits and into the...
  4. DEDon

Dishwasher gurgling through sink

de-gurgling the sink drain Wasn't sure what to title it but, is there a slim possibility that the trap for the sink/dw could use a little clean-out? As mentioned, of course, all DW exits go into the sink exit line. I've seen 'em bubble up into the sink basin. just sayin'...
  5. DEDon

Holy Cow! Now that Prices have changed, Which Way Should I Proceed?

Dana, thanks (a few months late)for the reply. I do need a bigger tank. The showers water doesn't stay hot, very long. I'm still using the old heater and it is getting closer to upgrade time (unit is just shy of 20 years old, now). The temperature setting on the unit is up all the way. Now...
  6. DEDon

Holy Cow! Now that Prices have changed, Which Way Should I Proceed?

I came here, last year and decided to wait until my 19 YO A.O.Smith actually fails. After a thorough tank flush and although the thermostat is all the way up to the limit, it still hasn't failed. I have a power vented unit in the basement and, after replacing the leaking pressure valve and...
  7. DEDon

Examining my 17 YO AO Smith to determine if it is repairable.

What product pricing doesn't cause "sticker shock" today? I continued my education, online, yesterday. I realize, now that I have no other choice other than a power vent unit. Now I realize that some of my questions were generated out of ignorance. I apologize for taking a cheap shot at...
  8. DEDon

Thanks for all of your comments. I simply flushed the 17 YO and put 'er back together with a couple of new valves and when she breeaks I'll replace her. She's heating a little better since I slapped her around. Just can't believe the prices of new power vented Gas Water heaters! Pure...
  9. DEDon

When do you need to replace a water heater

I felt that I, by my mistake, was building on Richard8's older thread and it seemed to have a lot to do with B.W. heaters so, I moved my comments about the A.O.Smith to: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?43920-Examining-my-17-YO-AO-Smith-to-determine-if-it-is-repairable. :)
  10. DEDon

Well, I think that I have heard enough. I think I am going to go with a Rheem 40 Gallon replacement unit. Now I have a new question. Will it be possible for me to use the existing "direct vent" set up with a new Unit? I have peeled the silicone bead that had the exhaust pipe attached to the...
  11. DEDon

Well, what I should have started, this afternoon, is a new Thread. I'll get used to these forums, eventually.:) I replied to the thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?24063-When-do-you-need-to-replace-a-water-heater and continued a conversation about...
  12. DEDon

A.O. Smith temp. issue, cont'd Hope I didn't mess up this guy's B.W. thread. Hind sight is 20/20. I just came from the plumbing supply. Purchased a new drain valve..brass, ball type and some tape. I'm allowing cool down after removal of my extra insulation. Have gas off and, once cooled...
  13. DEDon

I'll do an intro in that topic, later. I am also attempting to determine what I can do to improve or replace (if I have to) my Gas Hot H20 Htr. I have a 17 year old AOSmith 40gal <I guess its called> direct vent Heater. It doesn't smell or make noise and never has. I've opened the drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks