Recent content by Debthegardner

1. Debthegardner

Which water softener should I buy...getting desperate!

Parameters We have three bathrooms, 2 family members (sometimes 3) water main is 1" (although I had been told it was 1 1/4" by a plumber several months ago). :( We do have a water feature in the backyard which runs for several hours per day, but since this is outdoors, probably does not...
  2. Debthegardner

Thanks Gary, and one last question. Two of my quotes were from Pentair dealers. Since they don't make anything, would that be a plus or a minus to go with them, in your opinion? Both of these Pentair dealers quoted with Fleck 7000 or Autotrol Logic valves, and I think both were two-tank...
  3. Debthegardner

Thanks for the advice! One other question...is a one-tank system better or is two-tank set-up better? Lots of these bids were for two-tank systems. Deb
  4. Debthegardner

I'm Back! After having 5 guys over and getting bids from $1200 all the way up to $7000 for a water softener system, not counting a new R/O unit, I am completely flabbergasted and just want to know your learned opinions on which softener (brand) I should buy. Here is some data: 625...
  5. Debthegardner

Water softener issue: Try to repair or replace?

Pentair? Hello again, I did get a quote for a Pentair system which uses the Fleck 7000 valve. The unit cost was $1880, plus $400 for installation. This is the first time I heard of Pentair and the cost of $2280 for unit & install seems quite a bit more than others have mentioned on this...
  6. Debthegardner

Water softener advice Thanks for the info. It looks like the real deal is going to be much pricier than I thought. Quotes of $1800-$2280 for a Fleck 7000, installed. Was told that some of the online stuff is fake, or from China. Go figure.... I have found a licensed contractor (C55...
  7. Debthegardner

Water softener info Hi again, Silversaver! Thank you for responding with this info. I haven't received a reply from Dittohead for his referral, so if you can pm me with Jason's contact info, I would very much appreciate it. I am not sure of the 1.5 or 2.0 cu/ft. issue, or the rest...
  8. Debthegardner

Hi Silversaver, Thanks for responding! I have pretty much decided on the Fleck 7000 also. My question to you is, did you buy it online or from a local dealer that installed it for you? I'm having difficulty finding a local installer and am wondering if an installer would require me to...
  9. Debthegardner

Still looking into the units you recommended. Any advice on those local companies? Thanks!
  10. Debthegardner

ditttohead, I sent you PM's and am waiting for your reply. Thanks!
  11. Debthegardner

Having exhausted myself searching the web for water softener comparisons and/or repair of my old, existing unit, I find myself here! A bit of background: Currently have a Kenmore Deluxe Demand Water Softener in place, originally purchased in 1999. OK, it's Old. First symptom of trouble was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks