Recent content by ddmoit

1. ddmoit

Connecting 3/8" PEX to a standard water shutoff

Thanks for all the input. Jim, I'll add the sleeve. I have a dishwasher to install in a few days, so I'll be under there again.
  2. ddmoit

Yeah, I actually have one. In all the excitement of putting it together, I failed to use it.
  3. ddmoit

The triple 3/8 tee is what I ended up doing. I'm just concerned about the PEX compression fitting holding. I used a nylon ring, properly installed. I suppose it's no worse than the line going to the new Delta faucet. A leak would be bad in a hurry though.
  4. ddmoit

This is what was provided. This is what I have. It fit my new Delta faucet perfectly. I can add a splitter to the top of the shutoff valve to connect my faucet and the water filter.
  5. ddmoit

Do I sense an impending qualifying statement, or am I reading too much into the trailing periods?
  6. ddmoit

Hi folks. I just moved to Tennessee from Michigan. I'm installing an under sink water filter. It's a unit that uses 3/8" PEX on both ends. The connection piece that they gave me to connect to my cold supply is useless for my circumstance. What's the best way to connect PEX to a standard...
  7. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Plumber is coming tomorrow. I am an educated consumer, thanks to you folks.:)
  8. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Since I can now see where it will leak if it is going to leak, I've decided to put it all together to see if it does leak.
  9. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

HJ, are you suggesting that the pipe as it is will continue to function as a leak proof drain for a new sink? I would love for that to be true.
  10. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Here is the original set up. This is in a basement. The only "vent" to speak of is the drain pipe (on the left) for the kitchen sink directly up stairs. It is what it is.
  11. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Thanks, cacher_chick!
  12. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

Here is an 18 second video of me moving the pipe. Any new insights from this? There is some slight movement in the hub in addition to the rotation of the pipe. http://youtu.be/kLc38Px6Z-w
  13. ddmoit

Laundry tub drain issue

I'm using a hammer and chisel. Now I'm afraid of damaging the iron
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks