Recent content by DavidL

1. DavidL

Converting electric to hand pump

Im going to focus on it again this week end
  2. DavidL

I was able to wedge a screw driver in and then a small crowbar. but the shaft of the motor is the only thing that wont separate. Just to be sure let me describe where Im separating it. As you look at the pump from my pics there are openings that expose the motor shaft where the motor shaft goes...
  3. DavidL

I removed the 2 3/4 in bolts holding the motor but cant seem to lift the motor off. What is my obsticle here? I looked below the casing housing and see 4 bolts going up into it what do they hold and should they be avoided? thanks david
  4. DavidL

Wish me luck Im getting up the nerve to attempt to disassemble it tomorrow. I did notice on the plate the pump was made by Sears.
  5. DavidL

I took a really close look at the pump and casing this morning. The only bolts I see to remove are at the base right next to the 3 inch pipe. But you said if I mess with the casing I can screw things up within the well itself. Now I am calling this housing-- below the electric pump and above the...
  6. DavidL

So your are certain its a deep well. Once I remove the pump but leave the casing adapter inplace "untouched" will I have access to be able to check the depth of the water in the well. My though is..if its a deep well pump "but" the water level is 20 feet down I may still be able to pull this...
  7. DavidL

Since the pipe itself is only 3 inches wide, the pipe on the inside (if) cant be all that big. Would that be normal design to place a relatively small pipe inside? I have a "teach me" question. If its a shallow well and there is no inside pipe. How does this system work? Im assuming like a...
  8. DavidL

Okay that is great! Now when I take it apart based on the pics, should I dismantle at the lowest point just above the pipe going into the ground?
  9. DavidL

Here is a pic. of the system. sorry its kind of dark, I'm new to this digital stuff. What your looking at is the rusty pump assembly with just the one 2-3 inch pipe going into the ground. I dug down to be sure there wasnt any kind of well cap but didnt find one. The breaker box is in front with...
  10. DavidL

Can I post a picture? IF so How? thanks
  11. DavidL

Okay I had a moment to really examine it. Coming out of the ground is a 2.5 or 3 inch pipe. This pipe goes up about 5 inches to a housing unit that appears to have the exit pipe for the water that comes out of the well, this pipe travels to the reserve tank. Above this housing apparatus is the...
  12. DavidL

I believe there is only one line. I live in Ocala Florida about 1mile from Silver Springs which is this natural Spring Park with gizers (sp?) of water bubbling up all the time. I think Im problably on top of that aquifer. Knowing this I have to believe its very shallow but until I take the pump...
  13. DavidL

I have an old electric well pump in the back yard. Years ago when city water was installed the lines were bypassed. Ive never seen the pump work and the change over occurred yrs ago before I bought the home. I want to remove the old electric pump and install a hand pump (Spring water around here...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks