Recent content by David B

1. David B

Birthright Citizenship?

Oh and the worst is when you have to press '1' to get English, otherwise they continue in Spanish.
  2. David B

Noisy water pipe after flushing

I know this is an older post. But just replaced my bad flushing toilet. Lived with it too long, but the thing that got me going was about a month ago after the flush the refill was very noisy and slow. Could hear it filling throughout the whole hose. Replaced the whole fill valve assembly and no...
  3. David B

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

To those with Cadet 3 flapper closing way too fast and not getting proper flush. I found the fix for mine. Flushes consistently and correctly now. I measured the flush and now actually uses the gpf it says on the tank. Not sure how much it used yesterday when bought it, but must have been about...
  4. David B

Cadet 3 original flapper fix.

I have to disagree. 1) This still doesn't empty the little that was in the tank anyway. 2) I just extended the flapper buoyancy by a little bit. The OEM flapped down so quick that you either have to hold it down longer (mentioned by others here) or flush twice. I have actually saved more water...
  5. David B

Cadet 3 original flapper fix.

Replaced a previous American Standard toilet that never really did flush correctly. Almost didn't get another American Standard because it was so bad. But when at Lowe's this guy picking up a Cadet 3 said he had several and liked them. So got one. It really did flush well with very little...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks