Recent content by davewest

1. D

Propane furnace pilot wont stay lit

I have an Empire propane furnace with a pilot that wont stay lit. It had been unused for a couple years previously. At the beginning of this season, I tore it apart and cleaned everything I could with a vacuum. I also removed the pilot and blew it out and just replaced the thermocouple a week...
  2. D

Need direction

What if i were to reduce the discharge down from a 2 or 3 inch pump to 5/8 inch garden hose size. Would that increase the pressure enough to run a sprinkler, even just one? Or would reducing the discharge that much just cause problems for the pump?
  3. D

Need direction

Thanks for the response. Sound advice you offer but Im not actually going to install a full sprinkler/irrigation system. Im ok with a few rotary sprinklers i move around the yard once a week even if i end up running them off the house water. Irrigating my pasture is the priority and for that...
  4. D

Troubleshooting

How does a homeowner go about troubleshooting well/pressure tank system? I havent the slightest idea where to begin. We have decent pressure for an older house with galvanized pipes but we seem to run out of water at times. If we fill the horse trough with a hose, we will run out of water...
  5. D

Need direction

Hi there I need suggestions on which way to go with irrigation. I have a yard, about 3/4 acre of grass, and 4 acres of pasture that need irrigation. We have a canal behind us with water rights but im not sure of the best way to irrigate from it. The canal is about 10 feet above our 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks