Recent content by DaveT

1. DaveT

Dual Outlet shut-off valve for better flow?

I did end up replacing the fitting and valve with a 3-way shutoff valve. The flow is much improved. The valve has a clean circular flow area that is about 2x the flow area of the hex socket that was buried inside the compression T-fitting - about 1/4 dia hole vs approx 3/16 hex socket. When I...
  2. DaveT

Look here: Terry, You didn't comment on whether you thought the effort was worth it - to increase the flow over what I have now?
  3. DaveT

Toto Dalton Toilet

I don't know if anyone is still lurking here, but I was one of the original, very critical, posters regarding the Dalton's bowl wash - or rather, lack of bowl wash. I have not moved, have not seen fit to replace the Daltons, and still have the same opinion of the bowl wash design. I have tried...
  4. DaveT

I have an installation at my kitchen sink which has a standard shut-off valve, 5/8C in x 3/8C out, that serves the faucet and dishwasher [hot water]. The faucet is a pull-out style that has a small supply tube and hence reduced flow. To compound the problem, the installation has what appears...
  5. DaveT

Toto Dalton Toilet

Let's see: * The Dalton has been discontinued. * Toto has introduced a new flush system, the Double Cyclone, which quoting from their web page: "Double Cyclone features:Two nozzles (instead of rim holes) use water more efficiently for a better rim and bowl wash and result in less trapped...
  6. DaveT

Toto Dalton Toilet

I think the fact that the Dalton is discontinued speaks volumes. I can't explain why Terry's evaluation of the Dalton bowl wash was so opposite of mine and several others that posted here. I can only speculate that he tested it with "well-behaved" bowel movements. And my wife doesn't...
  7. DaveT

Toto Dalton toilet review, the best toilet for under $200?

Opposing point of view I know that Terry and many others like the Dalton as a lower-cost alternative to the Drake, but go to "Toto Dalton Toilet" thread to read a couple of opposing views, related to "piss-poor" bowl wash in the Dalton...
  8. DaveT

Toto Dalton Toilet

I am definitely in the minority in this Forum, but I am not satisfied with my Toto Dalton. I installed one in a remodel in 2005, moved to a new house last year that has 3 of them, and all suffer from the same issue. The flush is great, the bowl wash is "piss poor". BTW, all are ADA Elongated...
  9. DaveT

Fluidmaster Toilet Bowl Cleaning System in Toto Dalton?

I decided that I had nothing to lose by attempting to modify the standard Toto Fill Valve for the Fluidmaster cleaning system. At worst, I would have to replace the Fill Valve anyway. I used a drill bit the size of the refill fitting ID [don't recall what it was offhand] and turned it by...
  10. DaveT

Fluidmaster Toilet Bowl Cleaning System in Toto Dalton?

Can the Fluidmaster 8300P8 Flush 'N' Sparkle Toilet Bowl Cleaning System be used in Toto toilets? I have 3 Toto's in my recently purchased house [not sure of the model], and just as in my previous house where I installed a Toto Dalton, they flush beautifully but bowl wash terribly. I am...
  11. DaveT

Raw edge of laminate countertop

It seems to me like it would be a good idea to coat the raw edge of the sink cutout of laminate countertop with a coat or two of varnish as a sealer before installing the sink. Do you agree? What about even coating the whole underside? Might this somehow encourage warping? Thanks.
  12. DaveT

Caulk toilet to floor

Don Zorn, Go to www.polyseamseal.com for info on the product. The Tub & Tile version is available in white, clear and almond. http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/17/40/pss_seal_tt/overview/Loctite-Polyseamseal-Tub-&-Tile-Adhesive-Caulk.htm My Home Center "expert" says the big advantages are...
  13. DaveT

Best caulk for around toilet?

Answer is here already LeftyGolfer, This has been addressed in "Caulk Toilet to Floor" thread, complete with pictures and recommendations from Terry.
  14. DaveT

Caulk toilet to floor

What caulk is recommended for toilet to floor? Silicone? Polyseamseal Bathroom? Other? Thanks. Dave T
  15. DaveT

Choosing New Toilets

More questions on using a new toilet Hello, everyone, I'm new to this Forum and Terry's evaluations and the MAP report, and have found them very helpful in my quest for the "right" replacement toilet. In particular, they led me away from the Kohler Wellworth Highline, which I had kind of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks