Recent content by daveoftn

1. D

Can't remove bathtub shoe gasket

Well, I tried taking the gasket out and it was crumbling into hard chunks. So, some of it I was able to pull out, but most of it I had to push through with a steak knife. I tried replacing it, but the clearance is so tight that literally the only thing that can fit is a thin steak knife. I think...
  2. D

Thanks for the reply guys. Being the perfectionist that I am, I really wish I could replace that gasket below the tub, but that's the piece that I'm pretty sure if I remove, I won't be able to get back in. Assuming the gasket is on its way out, will the putty around the flange prevent a leak...
  3. D

I just bought a house and the faucet has apparently been leaking for years resulting in a rusty drain. I removed the drain using a hammer and chisel (btw, thank you forum for that suggestion). The problem is, I can see the gasket on top of the shoe and could probably remove it, but I'm 99.9%...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks