Recent content by daveatthelake

1. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

bob couldn't have doen it without you thanks!!!! Dave
  2. daveatthelake

Sandpoint Backout

John - I just did this at my camp with a 12' sand point. It has extreme sucsion. I used a 10' piece of 2" 1/4" wall steel square tubing with a 4' wrench in the end and a stack of 4x4 wood blocks. It moved a little at first but resisted as it came out so my wife and I sat on it and it came up...
  3. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Well Its finally done. I replaced our well point with a new one but have a few things to share with those who have not done this. When you hit the well point with a hammer you have to stop every few hits to tighten the pipe and the cap as both the cap and couplings become loose as you hit it...
  4. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Driven well point replacement. When I replace my 12' deep driven well point should i use new pipe or reuse the existing. If I use new is black iron pipe or galvanized the best choice?
  5. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Any thoughts on the chugging and the bouncing needle on the pressure gauge? is it pretty safe to say my point is in need of replacing?
  6. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Speedbump - Does cavitation introduce air into the system that causes the faucet to spit and splash? My system is still producing air, I have checked everything from the top of the well point to the faucet. IT'S ALL NEW. I have done the shaving cream test on all the fittings. It hold pressure...
  7. daveatthelake

square D Pupmtrol 20/40 Pressure Switch

I do have the square d 20/40 switch. so i had it backwards....do you remember how the spread works with the small screw? Lets say my on is adjusted properly to 20psi but it shuts off at 36psi instead of 40, do i tighten or loosen the small screw? Your help is much appreciated thank you.
  8. daveatthelake

square D Pupmtrol 20/40 Pressure Switch

Can someone tell me exactly how to adjust this switch? I have not been able to find a manual online for this product. I have to adjust it due to the idiot who maintaned our camp before we bought it adjusted the heck out of BOTH SCREWS to compensate for the air bladder in the tank that failed...
  9. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Bob thanks for the input. I will do a final check this weekend and see if its working and if not I will turn pull and give it 5 more feet in the same hole. Dave
  10. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

My neighbor said I can pull it out with a jack and replace the point then stick it back in the same hole with some coaxing....does that sound good to you guys? I dont know if it is 40 years old but its more than 10 I do know that.
  11. daveatthelake

Driven well point check

Whats the best way to check that my well point is in good condition and not clogged. I suspect it might be restricted. I do not know how old it is but the camp is 50+ years old. The well head is 4' above lake level. the well is 10 feet from the lake edge. water level is 4' down. the...
  12. daveatthelake

Air at the lake

did i offend with my question noone has offered any thoughts though 35 have viewed it .....anyone? :confused:
  13. daveatthelake

Question about basement bathroom setup

Hey zollerpump what does something like that tank and pump kit run to purchase?
  14. daveatthelake

Air at the lake

One more thing I read few more threads.... this is how the system has been for the past 20 years or so. well point next to the lake - black plastic hose to a check valve before the pump - pump sits on the tanks pumps into the tank then intot he house. the tank holds pressure beautifully...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks