Recent content by Dave KP

1. Dave KP

Insulation where floor joists overhang foundation

Here's a view of the basement side of the bumpout joist bays, and inside one of them, and some exterior shots. A problem will be the two that are blocked by the I-beams, plus all the nails make complicate things if I want to use rigid foam. This pro recommended 2" XPS on the bottom and top of...
  2. Dave KP

Hi Dana, I'm not entirely sure. It's old. The underside sheathing looks and feels like thin planks that are nailed in, I'm guessing to the floor joists; I can't quite tell what's on the inside of the bays yet. (When we moved in, the opening of the bays were filled in with fiberglass, which of...
  3. Dave KP

Hi, new here, I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'm hoping Dana or the OP is still around. I'm having a very similar issue. I live in Topeka, KS, so zone 4. 85-year-old house, plaster walls, no insulation to speak of. Our dining room has an area that bumps out - i.e., the floor joists...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks