Recent content by dargo

1. dargo

How often should you test t/p valve on water heater

Well boys, in 25 years owning personal and renting homes, never messed with them. Not worth the time etc..Most time the tank will be shot before the valve...YMMV.
  2. dargo

120F not hot enough?

I put my AO smith heater at the lowest setting and all is fine. Too hot for me but vacation mode is too cold. My Whirpool Duet clothes (best out there) has a heater and same with the freakin crazy Bosch Dishwasher (SHX68E15UC)....They have their own heaters if needed and no stick here. My guess...
  3. dargo

nozzle gallonage

how do you know you are getting the GPM per head? Do you know the static PSI per head? You did an avg calc but the first head on a line will get more PSI then the last.
  4. dargo

Hunter rotor head adjustment screw

What I do it try and clean them..If not, throw the complete head out since they are cheap...
  5. dargo

Need help identifying the brand and model number of valve

For the price of the part, install a new valve.. Toro or Hunter etc...They are cheap.
  6. dargo

Replacement Anode for AO Smith

Is your water that bad you need to replace? I have never replaced on in 25 years...AO Smith is inline with all others..
  7. dargo

Replacement Anode for AO Smith

I still cannot understand why they posted "Wish I'd read about AO Smith reputation before installing one.... oh well."...They are inline with all other tanks if installed correctly...They work like all others and all need some maintance time to time.
  8. dargo

FVIR: comparing brands

Funny, I have yet to have any FVIR work in my house...don't ask since I wanted to try. I also know many people that have no had issues with the brands above...Key for any unit is keeping it clean...you know like proper maintaince on a car, washer, dish washer, furnace..... I personally have...
  9. dargo

Which Gas Hot Water Heater?

I still do not get the FVIR air inlet on the bottom. Again, as most posts in my past state, I have had a AO smith water tank. No issue and had another one installed. So far in 7 month the screen looks new...I will take a pix. I do not get it since I would love to know how the screens get dirty...
  10. dargo

Question about CPVC reliability

Could very well be in your area but not in well-known cities in Texas. Not starting anything but I know what I see when I go in my attic to look at the furance(s), water tank etc. when I had the inspection I asked the inspector and this was the norm..
  11. dargo

Question about CPVC reliability

I also live down south and all the homes in Texas (near houston) have been using PVC (not CPVC) for cold water lines for 15+ years. Copper is not used much, only on hot.
  12. dargo

Can I Draw Exterior Combustion Air In For My PowerVent Water Heater?

You could and I think the new manuals have this in the layout. For me, I have the same deal but a 50 is your are wasting alot of heat to funnel in an intake. There is not direct way to plumb it like a furnace. I look at this also but the burner uses little air compared to my furance or the water...
  13. dargo

A.O. Smith water heater

Um, in my area there is no code for a pans (per the city codes).BONG. Then again in MA, I have NEVER see the internal screen (not a filter per say) need to be cleaned. What will a pan do in a CT basement that will do nothing..Pan to where? A sump? Next is the manual, if they can read...
  14. dargo

A.O. Smith water heater

WEll lets sum this up.. You have come down to the level as using, "chicken shit way ", "stupid" , retard...etc..Boy, you operate a great biz...Based on your posting and the wonderful text size, grammer, etc, great multi-million dollar biz... LMAO Bud, a hot water tank and a phone are not even...
  15. dargo

A.O. Smith water heater

How many times are you going to post the same lines and pixs???????? Again, as I stated why is it the water tanks fault since it seems the drier (in your issue) was installed incorrectly or the water tank was installed in the incorrect location (aka read the manual). I have NEVER had my filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks