Recent content by dantheboatman

1. dantheboatman

Confirmation on bathroom layout (detailed layout provided)

A final update. I went ahead and installed a wet vent up through the future lavatory drain, removed the horizontal vent, and passed my inspection with flying colors. Thanks for everyone's input!
  2. dantheboatman

Spot on Tom Sawyer. I talked to my inspector this morning and confirmed that I'll need to either run a 1.5" dry vent up from my bathtub trap arm or use my future lavatory drain (in the adjoining bathroom) as a wet vent. He said I could leave the horizontal vent, but it will be redundant to the...
  3. dantheboatman

Thanks Tom Sawyer, but that is a vent T that ties into the vent to the attic. I don't need a Wye for a vent connection, do I? Dan
  4. dantheboatman

I took a couple photos to clarify the area in question. Everything is currently dry fit, so it can be changed. Thanks for the replies! Dan Vent T and vent in HJ's question Zoomed back a bit showing tub trap and toiled bend too
  5. dantheboatman

Thanks for the input bcat. I'll look into the wet venting multiple fixtures and work to talk to my inspector. All sorts of challenges working in a 113 year old house :)
  6. dantheboatman

Almost 30 views and not a single reply, is that 30 thumbs up? ;)
  7. dantheboatman

My wife and I are remodeling a 1900 brick craftsman house room by room. My current project is adding a bathroom in our in an oversized laundry room above our cellar. I'm under IPC 2009 and have scoured the codes, but wanted to draw on the vast expertise of this group. Attached is an attempted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks