Recent content by Daniel Schwarz

1. D

Bathtub drain flange "not removable?"

I live in a NYC co-op, so essentially I own the place (it's something like a condo but the rules are different.) The super is under no obligation to replace things like this. I'd better not mess with it as the liability issues mentioned in this thread still apply.
  2. D

Thanks for the reply. Note that my original goal was not to replace the strainer (that comes out easily with one screw - I've removed it in the photos below). I wanted to replace the entire flange and I'm skeptical of the super's claims that it "can't be done." Point taken about the problems...
  3. D

Couple of pictures of the drain for your reference
  4. D

Hi, I live in an apartment - built in 1959 - with the original tub. All bathroom fixtures have been replaced except the tub drain flange. I'd like to replace it as it is corroded and nasty looking (the tub drain also has a slow leak.) I asked the building super about this and he said that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks