Recent content by Danhome

1. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Jadnashua that makes a lot of sense. I was mad that the previous owners chose such a high end lesser known brand like Altmans but I guess even the known brand could run into this issue. I was gonna put off changing the cartridges but maybe it's a smarter to change them now while cartridges can...
  2. Danhome

Hissing sound from toilet inlet line

Hi. Yea all fully open. We've never a. Problem before. It is when the toilet is filling. It's weird that we hear the sound in toilet1 even when toilet2 is flushed. Someone said it's prob the sound in the pipes. However I feel vibration in the toilet1 inlet line.
  3. Danhome

No we're all copper now. And i feel the sound only started after we redid the main line w copper. I wonder if something got stuck in the toilet line like a bit of copper or something.
  4. Danhome

Another question. Our bedroom is near the main outside water piping. So I can hear whenever water runs. However when sinks and dishwasher etc are run. The water running through the pipes is quiet. It's only when that toilet that I hear the hissing from, gets flushed, when I hear water running...
  5. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

The plumber who redid the main line checked our showers and said we need you replace both our thermostatic cartridges. I just find it odd that they both went bad just cause the water was shut off then on. It was determined our valves are from a company called Altmans who are no longer in...
  6. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Dang that sucks. He said cartridges can go upwards to 400 each. Also we have idea what type of valve it is cause there's no brand labeling on if at all. any ideas anyone?
  7. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

So the plumber came and said we have thermostatic valves and both showers need them replaced. Is it likely that changing the main line would cause both showers cartridges to go bad at the same time???
  8. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Will you be in California to help me? Lol so knowledgeable. Thank you!!
  9. Danhome

Pressure relief valve (California)

Wow thank you for that!!!! I think ok with just having a relief valve at the WH
  10. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Thank you jad. I watched the the videos. They all seem to have a physical limiter that requires the cap to be removed in order to adjust it. Is it possible that ours could have adjusted on their own? No right? Also. Some addl info: this morning my wife and I took a shower st the same time. It...
  11. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Sorry I don't get it. :(
  12. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

Is lav the sink? If so. I've tried tht. The sink is hot and the shower is just warm.
  13. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

That's why I was thinking it wasn't that because the other shower has the same valve and they are behaving the same. I was wondering if it could be a pressure related issue. Possibly with the tankless or how the pipes are crossed. But I'm no expert. And perhaps not a tankless heater issue since...
  14. Danhome

ONLY showers not hot

I can turn the temperature up and down. When all the way down, it's completely cold. Turned all the way up, it goes to luke warm. Never hot. So i can change the temp. Just can't get it hot. As mentioned before it's a valve type with a temperature knob. I never usually touch this. I wish I...
  15. Danhome

Why does it only sound when water is used in another bathroom tho? Like the other toilet being flushed or shower on. How does that affect this toilet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks