Recent content by Dan M.

1. Dan M.

Toilet Flange Questions

Getting a plumber on Thanksgiving week was a lost cause. He's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Here's an update: 1) I called Toto and they had me remove the toilet and fill it with water to determine if a faulty toilet was causing the water level to drain too low. When I did this the water stayed at...
  2. Dan M.

Toilet Flange Questions

I have now cut the rotten subfloor away from below and made a new plywood insert and added support so that the floor is very solid. I used a PVC flange with a SS ring and a flexible coupling between the new PVC pipe below the flange and the existing ABS pipe. Everything looked good and I...
  3. Dan M.

Toilet Flange Questions

The soil pipe is black. I guess the white you see must be excess glue that ran down the inside or calcium as you suggest. Thanks for the great help! I will take another look at the subfloor from the crawlspace to see if cutting out the wet wood from below is something I want to get into...
  4. Dan M.

Toilet Flange Questions

Since the center piece is part of the original flange why would the center piece be difficult to remove? Are some threaded or would they have glued it to the pipe?
  5. Dan M.

Toilet Flange Questions

I discovered my toilet was leaking through the floor into the crawlspace and have removed the toilet and part(?) of the toilet flange. I have attached a picture that shows I have removed an outer, very corroded, metal ring that was nailed to the floor but there remains a plastic piece that reads...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks