Recent content by Daisy

1. Daisy

What kind of filter would you all recommend?

Have the results from testing my well water. Bacteria (0)-Hydrogen Sulfide (0)-Total Nitrate (0)-Nitrate(0)-Chloride (0)- Sulfate (0)- Free Chlorine (0) - PH (5.8) - Total Alkalinity (40) - Total Chlorine (1.0) - Total Hardness (0) - Copper (2.0) - Iron (1.0). My well has 35' of water, 6" pipe...
  2. Daisy

Well water treatment? Please help.

Lee Have you finished with your well yet? Just curious, because after reading all the responses I am more confused than ever.:confused:
  3. Daisy

How much disinfectant to use?

Can anyone tell me how much disinfectant to use in a shock treatment of my well?. The water is 35' in a 90' well and pipe is 6". Also how to go about doing it? Thank you all in advance
  4. Daisy

To sam I have been told by my County water lab that they do not do the kind of analysis that I need and that it will cost appr. $500.00 to have it done by someone else. After a long conversation with them they say that it sounds as if I have Giardia in the well which is very difficult to get...
  5. Daisy

I have contacted the company It is a pellet chlorinator that goes on top of the well itself and sells for $1300.00. What do you think of it now?
  6. Daisy

Thanks for all your replies, however------ Since I have a limited budget, what should all of this cost? including test, and the necessary equipment. My well is 90' deep with one person using it. Right now I have bottled drinking water delivered since the well water makes me sick.
  7. Daisy

When I installed my new pump and pressure tank I noticed that the old pump was totally clogged with bacterial iron. I put some bleach into the well and it cleared up for about 10 days. I also have a septic tank. My question is-- Is there anything that can treat the water in the well that is safe...
  8. Daisy

A Huge Thanks To All-new Pump And Tank Work Perfectly

The water is clear now after treating it. I had a very bad case of bacterial iron in well water. After many visits to doctor and lab for 3 years. They could not figure out why I was getting so many infections on an average of every 6 weeks. Only figured it out after replacing burned out pump and...
  9. Daisy

How Good Is Red Jacket Submersible Pump?

to Bob re: Franklyn pumps Franklyn started producing the Aqua Duty and several other submersible pumps in 2005 according to the info I read. I'll sure find out how it works and for how long starting tomorrow. Daisy
  10. Daisy

Thanks Bob for your reply Have decided to go with an Aqua Duty with a Franklyn motor that I can get locally and have it installed tomorrow. The Red Jacket is being sent back. I can not wait any longer without water. Now, all I have to do is fight with the company that sent the wrong one to...
  11. Daisy

I ordered a Myers Rustler 1/2 HP 12gpm 115V pump and was sent a Red jacket 1ph 1/2HP 115volt 12gpm submersible pump. After waiting a week without water I am furious. I called the dealer and they said (1) I could send it back and wait for the correct one or (2) I could keep this one and they...
  12. Daisy

Need Help On Well Tanks Asap

I am waiting for my new pump to arrive and noticed that the ground under the Flotec 83 gallon tank is very wet, even soggy. It is situated about 1 (one) foot below ground near the rear of the house. This was not noticed before because the concrete block wall surrounding the entire system and...
  13. Daisy

Sear submersible pump model #390-226324

I am trying to find out how old and(how long it lasted). Pulled it out and replacing it with a Myers Rustler. The Sears also has Power Bonus H-Cap printed on it. Right below the model number there are three numbers 670. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance.:)
  14. Daisy

Need Help Asap On Well Pumps

:confused: Can anyone give me any advice on a well water submersible pump? 1/2 HP-115Volt. Waterace made by Meyers or Meyers brand itself which is twice the price or Grund which is even more expensive. Not sure as this is my first experience with well pumps. My cabin is small, under 700 square...
  15. Daisy

Help! Well water not coming into house

Thanks again 'Rancher' So far I have found it is 1/2 horse, 115 volts. My neighbor has let me hook up my hose to his water. tomorrow I will call USG to find out who drilled the well, call them to find out how deep it is and go on from there. My house was built in 1955. In the meantime I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks