Recent content by Dahlman

1. Dahlman

Reliable Angle Stops

Thanks for the kind words, ballvalve!! I am sending the following message to the Customer Service Dept at Pex Supply now, and I'll give them a call if I don't get a response by the middle of next week since it may be unorthodox for a prospective supplier to solicit them through this channel at...
  2. Dahlman

Reliable Angle Stops

Hi all, I'm not sure where to start...I am a member of the family that owns Dahl Brothers Canada Limited in Mississauga, Ontario (our one & only location - no foreign facilities), and have worked full-time in the family business since 1992. 1. The USA is a great country and Canada has...
  3. Dahlman

Special Hose Bib Compression Fitting

How about that? Learn something new every day...can't imagine why they would have done that but I'll take hj's advice and just accept it. :(
  4. Dahlman

Unique icemaker supply stop valve

This is a very odd size but it would be interesting to learn more about this. Once you get through this and get your fridge working again, can you send us some pics of the hook-up on the back of your fridge and what you learned from the appliance people? Thanks! Thomas
  5. Dahlman

Well, I'm a believer in "never say never" so I won't categorically disagree with you. Especially since you are a plumber and you experience reality in the field across a broad array of installations. Machining tolerances will sometimes vary between manufacturers - we've seen that ourselves -...
  6. Dahlman

Can you post any pics or sketches? Compression connections' specs are not proprietary - all mfrs' products are compatible with each other. If I understand correctly, you want to remove the hose bibb but leave the nut/ferrule on the copper pipe so that you can use them to retrofit a tee with a...
  7. Dahlman

Cs & b

Do you know of Oakville Stamping & Bending in Ontario, Canada? They have a good reputation in these parts and I believe that they will ship to the USA. Their website is here: http://www.osb.ca/
  8. Dahlman

Should I trash or save this assembly?

I'm with hj on this - the Add-a-Tee is probably the quickest & easiest way.
  9. Dahlman

Should I trash or save this assembly?

Oops - you are absolutely correct, hj. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that. :o Correct me if I'm wrong again...but isn't that 1/2" PEX on the branch? Ideally, I would install a dual shut-off stop (or stops with a tee) that is configured 1/2 Male NPT X 3/8 OD Comp X 1/2 PEX...
  10. Dahlman

Advice to stop teeny tiny leak?

Hi ballvalve, Our website is here: www.dahlvalve.com. We have some work to do on our website so our Product Search function is somewhat outdated and the best information is on the Downloads page or uisng the "Build Your Own Mini-Ball Valve" function (if you need something unusual). Dahl...
  11. Dahlman

Our pleasure! I checked my email via our remote server and didn't see an email enquiry from you. Sometimes our mail server quarantines items. If you don't have a reply to your email by 10:00 am EST, then you may want to give them a call at 1-800-268-2363. Just press 1 when you hear the company...
  12. Dahlman

Dahl has your valve Dahl #211-QG3-30 is a push-on valve with a 1/4 OD Compression outlet. It is a chrome plated angle valve. This will result in the following set-up: 1. Sharkbite Tee on 3/4 inch CPVC reduces to 1/2 inch 2. Short stub (4 inch) 1/2 inch CPVC connects to push-on Dahl angle...
  13. Dahlman

Real Time Help: Pipe Compound with Compression Fittings

Thank you! Holy mackerel! Thank you for the kind words!! :D It means a great deal to us to get a compliment like this because we have always been very fussy about quality; and I probably don't need to tell you that there has been a great deal of market pressure in the past couple of decades...
  14. Dahlman

Real Time Help: Pipe Compound with Compression Fittings

I have always been advised not to use anything on compression connections and our research has supported that. I am not a licensed plumber but have been involved in manufacturing plumbing & heating valves and specialties for many years, including comprehensive stress testing and failure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks