Recent content by DaddyMikey1975

1. DaddyMikey1975

Sump pit always has lots of water - next step ?

i was merely suggesting a temporary lowering of the pump that you have ... to see if it'll pump the water lower and will the water STAY lower... if it doesn't than a larger diameter pit would help, with a backup pump etc. as was recommended. :)
  2. DaddyMikey1975

Sump pit always has lots of water - next step ?

you could try lowering the pump to remove more water.. try this first as it's the easiest and most cost effective thing to do.. watch it for a day and see, after it pumps the water out, how fast it fills back up even when it's not raining... usually a sump pit is about the size of a large 10...
  3. DaddyMikey1975

Dishwasher - Appliance Issue

is it possible to take some pictures of what you got going on ??
  4. DaddyMikey1975

ABS/PVC glue-up. Rules of thumb?

charles, the only other thing i can offer, as a DIY'er that's not fond of plumbing at all LOL, is that if you dry fit stuff, and get it all built, and bottomed out the fittings, mark them all with a sharpie or something so you can easily duplicate the orientation. (this has worked for me in the...
  5. DaddyMikey1975

install washer in my garage ??

this is a basic idea of what i'm wondering.. i'd like to put the washer in the garage where indicated. the sink drain goes through a trap and out into the exterior wall.. i could tap into it, etc.. just wondering if that's "allowed" HAHA... i could come in behind the stove and follow the...
  6. DaddyMikey1975

all great info.. i'm in washington, IL.. if that helps to look up the plumbing code.. the biggest dilemma for me is how to connect to the main drain line leaving the house, or "could" I go through the kitchen wall, make a 90 degree bend, and tie in behind the kitchen sink ?? i have no...
  7. DaddyMikey1975

oh now that's not what i wanted to hear HAHA... i think i'll call a plumber on this one and get some advice HAHA... thanks a bunch :)
  8. DaddyMikey1975

hi all... first post so go easy on me HAHA.. i have no washing machine or dryer in my house... weird.. i know.. i'm wondering if i can put the washer/dryer in the garage.. the dryer is a no brainer.. there's gas line and 220 not far.. so i can make my choice there.. i can vent the dryer out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks