Recent content by cwtx

1. C

Moisture on Outside of Bathtub

Update - Question Contractor's Plan Thanks for the experienced people who respond here - it helps to hear someone other than our contractor. I need some input on what my contractor is planning to do to identify our problem. The shower has not been used for four days, and the DensShield...
  2. C

DensShield Installation Question When we compare the pictures taken during construction to now, the back (non-tiled) side of the DensShield looks different. It was all a somewhat mottled light brown. Now there is a dark brown band that extends from the bottom edge where it meets the tub up...
  3. C

The tile is installed on DensShield brand backer board. The mfg.'s info says it has a built-in water barrier in the form of a gray acrylic coating on the surface next to the tile, which is supposed to prevent moisture intrusion into the wall cavity. It also has a "moisture resistant core" Per...
  4. C

help! we need a good showerhead!

Showerhead, Valve size We just remodeled our bathrooms. One has a JAC "Speakman style" showerhead and it has good flow, even with the restrictor. In the other bathroom we reused an old Grohe showerhead. However, even though we have 1/2 inch water supply, we installed a 3/4 inch valve in that...
  5. C

We have an odor in our linen closet that smells like moisture, musty, etc. Four months ago we replaced our tub with a new Kohler Villager cast iron bathtub. The installation is in a three-sided alcove with tile surround walls above the tub. Tub, tile and plumbing are new, but in same...
  6. C

TOTO Supreme

Does anyone have experience with the TOTO Supreme one-piece model? We are remodeling and toilet choice is limited by a small counter extension that goes above the toilet and limits the height of the tank. (It's a small bathroom - I need the counter space.:) We are buying the TOTO Drake for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks