Recent content by Curt

1. C

water torture

Replaced the nipple, problem solved. Thanks for the advice.
  2. C

water torture

wicking/nipple A remodeler friend supposes that I need a new nipple -- just unscrew the old one, tape+dope the new one and screw it in. He makes it sound easy, but I feel like I am starting to replace my entire plumbing system, starting at the toilet and working my way out to the street...
  3. C

water torture

In the process of repairing a leaky toilet supply line, I replaced the shutoff valve. I fixed the leak at the supply line, but now I have a new leak. I get about 1 drip every 30 seconds coming out of the threads of the shutoff valve, where it screws onto the pipe coming out of the wall...
  4. C

Toto Drake supply leak

problem solved, and a new one Problem was a hairline crack in the filler tube, starting from the base where the supply line gasket meets the filler and going up vertically. I was in denial that a piece of the new toilet could be defective, especially such an expensive toilet; but following the...
  5. C

Toto Drake supply leak

Installing a brand new Toto Drake. Everything went fine except for a very small leak where the braided supply line threads onto the filler. The supply line is also brand new. I tried replacing it with another new one and still have the same problem. Inside the female compression fitting on...