Recent content by Curlysir

1. Curlysir

Geospring GEH50DFEJSR water heater - No condensate & excessive humidity?

Did you ever get an answer to this question, I just purchased the same model and noticed the same thing. The fan continues to run after the compressor shuts off. I have only had it one day so I haven't had a chance to time how long it runs. Mine however does produce a lot of condensate.
  2. Curlysir

Kohler shower caukless adaptor tricks?

I used a carpenter pencil and a plastic headed hammer to install the seal on my drain I installed recently. The pencil was the only thing I had close at hand and it worked. These seals are a real pain in the rear to install. I hope they are good.
  3. Curlysir

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Bradford White is probably the best, but it does appear as if the problem has quieted down quiet a bit lately. The problem was with a part on the control valve that failed over time. It may be that the problem is somewhat resolved with an updated conrol valve. I am currently running mine with...
  4. Curlysir

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

If you will go back and read most of this thread you will see that it is more then likely not your thermocouple causing the problem, it is the control valve assembly. What you describe are the classic symptoms of the valve failing. You may be able to limp alone for a short period by...
  5. Curlysir

This thread just will not fade away. Haven't been here in a while but it is still alive. I still have the old control valve from my old hot water installed and running in my hot water heater. Has been a year since the original control valve failed, have the replacement they sent me but can't...
  6. Curlysir

Hot water braker trips once in few weeks

Could also be the circuit breaker. If the heater checks out you could try changing out the breaker to see if it has lost some capacity with age.
  7. Curlysir

Point of Use or Reciruculating Pump?

The RedyTemp would be a easy installation for me. I already have the plug under the cabinet in the bathroom. I would have to add a plug for the Grundfos.
  8. Curlysir

It is a Grundfos.
  9. Curlysir

How much does the run/on time of the hot water increase with the installation of one of these systems? First impression is that it would cause the hot water heater to operate more with the constant circulation of hot water. My hot water cools downs fairly quick when turned off, the hot water...
  10. Curlysir

I went with the point of use (6 gallon) hot water heater. My house is very similar to your situation. One bathroom at far end of house on slab, sinks at the end of the line. I have been well satisfied with the results. The recirculation system would be the best by far but the point of use...
  11. Curlysir

It is not just Whirlpool, It is also American Standard, U.S. Craftmaster and several others brands made by the same company. Same Water Heater just with different names on them.
  12. Curlysir

The screen was clean. And the filter around the bottom did not have a lot of crud on it. I am not defending the Water Heater. It has design problems for sure, but I also am not going to throw money away either. When it does become a major pain in the rear it will be gone for sure. I like...
  13. Curlysir

I got my parts overnight at no cost. I would not have bought the water heater if I I known the problems. But, now that I have it I am not going to throw it away because it is not the best WH around. It worked for almost 18 months without a problem and is working now with the new parts. I...
  14. Curlysir

Touching the metal won't cause a problem. The thermocouple generates a small electrical voltage (mV) and unscrewing and reinstalling can sometimes "fix" a problem with the thermocouple if the fitting was loose or if there was a small amount of corrosion on the tip of thermocouple.
  15. Curlysir

hot water tank life span

It depends on your location and quality of water. In the Texas panhandle where I lived for 30 years, 10 years life was very unusal, 6 to 7 was average. Water was hard and corroded the plumbing and appliances. Where I live now in east Texas I replaced a 12 year old heater that when I examined...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks