Recent content by Cudos

1. Cudos

Hot water spitting from taps after sitting

Thank-You Reach4, This might be a stupid question but, if i put a container of water under the discharge tube when opening the release valve ad it bubbles in water how do I know if its just air from tank or actual gas? might have misunderstood.
  2. Cudos

Also if there is air in top of the water heater would opening the pressure relief valve briefly not allow that air to be pushed before it had a chance to enter the water line? obviously not a ideal fix assuming it would work at all.
  3. Cudos

Hi, its a stubby one https://www.corroprotec.com/
  4. Cudos

Hi Reach4 and thanks, good to hear the pump and tank have probably not been worm as much as I thought. I do always lightly grease the "new" o-ring when the filter has been changed, I will have to confirm if the filter housing is indeed between 2 shut off valves. As for anode producing hydrogen...
  5. Cudos

Yes anode rod has its own power source. I don't think it matters whether the rod is hot or cold water, so it should work.
  6. Cudos

Thanks everyone for stepping up here, to answer a few questions that were asked. No I do not turn the power off to my water heater. I use to do that when we first built and every weekend we would return the hot water reeked of rotten eggs, it was brutal! I eventually discovered that leaving the...
  7. Cudos

Thank you for your help, no softener but we do have a wh5 big blue iron filter. I changed the filter on it 3 months ago, I will double check it for leaks, I replace the filter in it about 3 months ago. I do have that corrosion building up on the inlet side of my jet pump, maybe it’s sucking in...
  8. Cudos

Wanted to edit last post, you mentioned air would fill the top part of the hot water heater, I do notice when we arrive and I turn on the water I can hear water flowing into the water tank for about 1 - 2 seconds, I’m assuming I should not hear water flowing in the tank. Cheers
  9. Cudos

Wow learning lots here thank you no dish washer, I will have to take a closer look at everything this weekend. Looking for any dripping faucet evidence before turning water on. I only have one outside tap and it looks like this...
  10. Cudos

Hi there thanks for helping, I do not have a vacuum breaker, had to google that lol and don’t have one, I will try shutting off the hot water heater inlet valve next time we leave. You mentioned you the maybe there might be water siphoning back in to the well, could this still happen if I have...
  11. Cudos

Hi, yes I have always shut the power to the pump off as well as closing the water valve to the pump. I have dome this for years with no issue until recently. I'm afraid i might not notice a stuck toilet and have running and draining in to my septic while we're away. Or a leak springs up and...
  12. Cudos

Hi there, no smell of anything from the hot water (air) when I open any of the hot water taps. I'm uploading a pic some corrosion on the jet pump inlet side. Some have suggested that I must have a very small leak that doesn't drip that cause that powdery residue to accumulate. Is it possible...
  13. Cudos

Ok, pain in the ass situation!! about 2 months ago i notice some sputtering from the hot water taps in our cabin, well water with pressure tank and jet pump. I thought maybe our 10 year old hot water heater was going to crap out so I had it replaced with new 40 gal electric. The sputtering is...
  14. Cudos

Corrosion on jet pump flange

Possibly, I just hate anything that leaks, even in tiny amounts. I'm sure it will be fine until I replace the pump, speaking of new pumps, how long do these jet pumps generally last, mine is a 1/2 berkerly pump, used year round, mostly on weekends. The pump is now 10 years old, whats the typical...
  15. Cudos

Corrosion on jet pump flange

Thanks for the reply, my well water does have 3ppm iron in it, which in a better picture does show some rust color in that residue. Time to tear it apart I guess and replace the gasket/silicone. a very slow or tiny leak makes sense, not enough to drip but enough to build a mineral deposit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks