Recent content by Cubey

1. Cubey

Laundry drain overflowing

I would do it from the drain where the hose goes into. Odds are it's not the air vent if you already tried snaking it with a hand one.
  2. Cubey

Laundry drain overflowing

I had a similar issue when I moved into my house last year. But I had it worse (perhaps). Mine was going from 1.5" pipe down into about about a 1" pipe made for lawn sprinkler systems! Needless to say, I had water everywhere when I tried to use my washer. Near as I can figure, they ran the...
  3. Cubey

Seasonal septic drain field ground saturation?

The water IS under pressure as I pointed out in my original post: The most it can do is very slowly drain down into the sump where it would get pumped right back out again once the water level got high enough to turn on the pump. With normal usage throughout the day everyday, water keeps...
  4. Cubey

Is this an S-Trap? Please help!!

Pretty sure that's not 100% true. My roof would be badly littered with vent pipes for 2 toilets, 2 showers, a bath tub, 3 bathroom sinks, kitchen sink plus washing machine drain. That's 10 vent pipes!! Imagine an apartment building. It's entire roof would be vent pipes. I haven't counted the air...
  5. Cubey

Yeah.. not quite sure what I was thinking.. so nevermind on that. LOL However, what about this: http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f22/26960-does-trap-look-kosher-s-trap-conversion.jpg
  6. Cubey

I'm wondering if it's tied into another drain like the kitchen sink. Does the kitchen sink have the same drain setup or does it have a p-trap? If the house is pier and beam or has a basement, I wonder if maybe there's a single p-trap someplace under the house or in the basement with the kitchen...
  7. Cubey

Well, it was a thought as a way to help keep rainwater from pooling around the area. I did put some dirt over the exposed watery areas. At least I have a 6' privacy fence so the neighbor's can't see it when it happens. Like I said though, there's no odor to it so it can't be untreated. And the...
  8. Cubey

Perhaps you could do this: [nevermind..]
  9. Cubey

I was out mowing my back yard for the first time this year and found a few very saturated places that are like small holes filled with water that I think are at the end of my drain field. The diagram I got from the health dept isn't even drawn properly in relation to a shed slab that has been...
  10. Cubey

Push-on valve question

Thanks. I will let the seller know. We became a bit alarmed by it, fearing it was going to come off under pressure eventually or something. I'm not worried about removal. It should be good for at least 10-15 years now since it's a brand new valve. I'll worry about removal when the time comes...
  11. Cubey

Push-on valve question

I am in the process of purchasing a home. One repair the seller has done was to put a new valve on the master bathroom sink. She had a push-on valve installed (most likely "Keeney" brand from Lowes) and I found that the entire valve is able rotate. Is this normal for push-on fittings by design...
  12. Cubey

Grounding a portable generator

Thank you for that bit of advice. It somehow never occurred to me to look for a Coleman Powermate recommended shop. I went back to the Powermate site and found a "Service Centers" locater. Turns out there is one locally and the Powermate site says they work on generators, however the shop...
  13. Cubey

Wow, you FINALLY answered my question of WHERE the bonding should occur!! AFTER I take my generator apart. I asked you TWICE *where* it would be and you would not answer my question. And I already TOLD YOU no one in this piece of crap town will touch a portable generator. I would probably...
  14. Cubey

What the? Now you are going against how generators are made at the factory as far as bonding??
  15. Cubey

I managed to get the panel removed from the generator without removing the engine. It'll be tricky to get it back on but I'll worry about that when the time comes. Do you not agree that all I must do now is bond neutral to ground within this panel on one of the outlets (as pointed out in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks