Recent content by csr0831

1. C

Oder in Bathrooms after rain...

Russ.... Thank you for taking the time and effort to respond. I am sure the closet flanges are C.I. The tolets sit on a ceramic tile floor. Wouldn't the wax ring being bad cause the tolet to leak around the base when flushed? Hmmmm...I suppose unless the line were backed up it would not...
  2. C

Oder in Bathrooms after rain...

Help!!!!!!!!!!! I have a peice of rental property, it is a two story brick on a slab with cast iron drain and copper supply. It's on a septic tank which is about 30 feet from teh structure which is about 60 years old. My down stairs tennant as complained for years about an horrible oder...
  3. C

Lights turning themselves on (Ghost in the machine)?

Gentlemen…. Have a slight problem that perhaps one of you can help me with. First, some particulars. The house is about 60 years old and the wiring is all in armored cable (Greenfield?). My outside flood lights can be turned on from 5 locations, which as I understand it means two three way...
  4. C

Tricky Replacement of Leaky Copper Pipe- Need Suggestions!

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but if the leak is a pin hole and appears to be leaking around the joint, you could try this....take a nail, put the point right on the pin hole and give it a light, but sharp rap with a hammer. Sometiems that will close the hole up and you may never...
  5. C

Bsement flooding remidies?

Digging to the foundation is not an option in my case as the foundation is approximatly 7 feet below the surface. I do have a sump pump and it handles ground water just fine, it's the heavy run off from rain events that I am having trouble with.
  6. C

This house was built in 1952 and no such code exsisted at the time that I am awear of. I agree that installing gutters would be the least labor intensive thing to do, but I would spend my life cleaning the things out. I live on a heavly wooded lot with lots of overhanging pines and hardwood...
  7. C

Thank you for taking the time and effort to respond. That type of lanscaping is not really an option in my case for a number of reasons, so I guess that means that I would look at installing "ground drains". Still pondering.......
  8. C

Hi Folks… If I am posting this under the wrong forum subject, I apologize. If someone would tell me where to go (which forum to post under), I will gladly do that. Anyway, here in lies my problem…… I live in a fairly large older (57 years) ranch home. This home has a full...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks