Recent content by CrystalRose

1. CrystalRose

Which way do I turn the pressure switch?

there is 30-32lbs of pressure in the tank while the pump is off and all the water is out of the tank. I feel I was making it a lot harder than it was; I fretted over if for 2 days. What I should've done at once was let some of the pressure out of the tank, just like you said. That was my...
  2. CrystalRose

I've been doing like you said in the previous post--letting the pressure in the tank down. IT WORKS! The pump is not cutting in so often. Here are the numbers: pump off, points click together at 32lbs; pump on, high pressure at 48lbs. I hope you can work w/ these numbers, as the pump house...
  3. CrystalRose

Here's the deal: w/ a tire gauge, the full pressure is 48lbs, the cut-in is 44-46lbs (kinda hard to read a tire gauge, but hopefully 2lbs won't be a huge difference). So I need to let the pressure down to 24-26, right? And then I perfect the 20lb. difference w/ the switches? So the amount of...
  4. CrystalRose

But if the power to the pump is off, will the pressure switch still click? So, basically, there should be a 20lb....differential? And it can be any PSI as long as there is a 20lb difference? (It's understood that the lower the PSI, the less pressure.)
  5. CrystalRose

Speedbump, thanks for the info about the tank! I tested the pressure in the tank both before and after and it measures the same--48lbs. After the first of the year, I'm looking at replacing the tank w/ a bigger model up under the house where there's more room. (The PAD20 is in the...
  6. CrystalRose

Yes, the washer was in the gauge, but it was a very crappy gauge and rubber was more like plastic than rubber. I'm sure I paid at least 4 times too much! But I made a trip to Home Depot and got, what looks like a lot better quality gauge, but I haven't tried it out, yet. The salesman assured...
  7. CrystalRose

It's a PermaTank PAD20. And just to let everyone know, the pressure gauge I just bought at the hardware--one of those you can screw onto the spigot, like Mr.Pike recommended--is a POS, so there's no way I can do it that way unless I can find a better quality gauge! It helped to put teflon tape...
  8. CrystalRose

So, I can just buy some type of gauge at the hardware and scew this onto the pressure tank valve? And the rising pressure will make the pump kick off and the falling pressure will make the pump kick on? I'm a woman; I do not think mechanically, so am I gonna screw this up? LOL!
  9. CrystalRose

I've read thread after thread and done TONS of other research about what's going on w/ my system. This is what's happening: after about 1.5 minutes of running water the pump kicks on, runs for approx. 10 seconds, cuts off, the water will run for approx. 1.5 mins, the pump kicks back on, etc...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks