Recent content by crater

1. crater

building commission/permit questions

Hey Yadkin, Have you ever heard of the Yadkin 500. It's a street in Fayetteville NC were people seem to think they are on the track.
  2. crater

HELP. 3 inch inside flange broken in pipe

not sure if it broke just because it was plastic but maybe flange was set to high putting stress on the flange not the floor. Anyway isn't a pvc flange glued to the outside of waste line as a coupler would be? and a 3" waste line for the toilet should be adequate. I also agree not to reduce...
  3. crater

Hydronic radiant heat stat

The way my system is set up is as such: Stat--->24v 3 zone control panel--> low voltage to boiler and high voltage to corrisponding zone pump so when zone 1 calls for heat the zone panel sends low voltage to boiler to start it and also high voltage to the #1 zone pump to start the flow I am...
  4. crater

I would think a embeded floor sensor could do the same thing without have a pump running continously
  5. crater

With a 30* Delta-T, I would think I would need to have the Aquastat set at 110* to maintain the thermal mass(concrete floor) at 80* So I could regulate floor temp at the return line. Setting return line stat to be satisfied at 80* and if I wanted to heat with the floor then set a air temp stat...
  6. crater

OK so heat the slab to 80* (the point where thermal mass will radiate heat) then let the Geo take care of the air temp rise? So I'd have a higher electric bill to have warm feet but not necessarily a warm room (due to the radiant). Measuring the return temp. would assume that the liquid was...
  7. crater

PEX - Yea or Nay?

funny you mention that the fittings spin after crimping. I myself said there was no way that this won't leak (because murphy follows me like my shadow) my fittings spun,not loosely but never the less they could turn. The only problem I had once was with a quick connect Pex fitting. It leaked...
  8. crater

PEX - Yea or Nay?

one year old house--> home-run system using Pex with crimp rings NO LEAKS from the very start. fingers crossed Pressure test lines before you cover them. Places that disallow Pex should really get with the times. The code mentioned should include "the 1000's of standards depending on the...
  9. crater

Toto Promenade

Love our TOTO Vespin easy to clean design
  10. crater

Ok I believe I can get a hole or groove or something in the concrete without hitting a tube thru my IR thermastat also I built it so I took alot of pictures of it but that does'nt help with measurements and exact location of tubing therfore I think IR thermastat is the way to go. I'll just take...
  11. crater

Pre-Remodel Advice Sought

Oh yea, The prep sink idea in the island :( You will be pissed off every time you look at it because of the plumbing bill you got to install it compared to how much you really use it. Plus if it doesn't get used often the trap can dry out and then sewer gas can enter the kitchen leaving you with...
  12. crater

Now let's talk basic kitchen design: First thing you should strive to do is create a right triangle between your Ref. ,Range, and Main sink the distance between these fixtures shouldn't be over 3 steps or 9' the closer the better. Also there should be at least a 18" landing area on either side...
  13. crater

ok I get the gist now. And it makes sence to do exactly that, now will drilling a hole in the concrete and inserting the sensor work, or will there be to much heat loss for the sensor to be acurate? Also my forced air is GEO Thermal so one of the burning questions is: Is running the...
  14. crater

To find if wall is load bearing-> tear it out ->if the house falls down it was-> if house doesn't fall down then it's not :) JUST KIDDING Rule of thumb: 1) If ceiling joist/2nd story floor joists run parallel to proposed removed wall then it should NOT be load bearing 2) If proposed wall...
  15. crater

1)So you keep your concrete slab approx 80*with slab sensor all the time in heating mode. 2) You set room stat 2* above forced air stat room temp to gain what? So what I can see is that the slab is maxed at 80* and the system will modulate between approx 77*-80*until the room temp reaches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks