Recent content by cool5abi

1. cool5abi

Banging when opening/closing faucet...

I doubt it, I get the noise on both hot and cold sides; the moment I turn off the water supply to the HWT all the noise is gone. I can close all the angle stops in the house and it makes no difference. I'm going to try and change the heat traps as suggested, everything seems to be pointing to...
  2. cool5abi

All things do seem to be pointing to the HWT; I do have short nipples on my HWT but they seem too short to be heat traps...http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdi/6601668129/sizes/z/in/photostream/Although I can't feel any clunking, I do hear some slight "metallic" like sounds when the water turns...
  3. cool5abi

Well, we never had a pressure regulator, in fact they're not very common in Toronto. If it was simply high supply pressure causing water hammer, it doesn't explain why it stops when I turn off the supply to the HWT. With the supply to the HWT turned on, I get banging on both hot and cold. With...
  4. cool5abi

Reverse water hammer does sound the most descriptive, but what would cause this to happen when everything has been fine for the previous 10 years; it's not like I've always suffered from this issue. Either when opening or closing the faucets, I get multiple bangs (between 2-4) almost sounds like...
  5. cool5abi

I doubled checked the HWT, I simply have my 1/2" copper with a female threaded fitting screwing straight into the tank. I don't believe there is any place where a ball or other type of check valve would be located.
  6. cool5abi

Hello All, I'm super stumped with a problem I've been having with my plumbing for some time. The house is 11 years old (purchased new), and is city fed. I've been hearing the noise for several months now, but only now has it become worrisome (it was very faint and hardly ever happened in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks