Recent content by coastalredwood

1. coastalredwood

tank vs. tankless

My hot water is provided by a ground source system, and works well. However, I'm adding an apartment over the garage, which is at least 80' away and the hot takes a full minute to arrive. And when pulling the permit, the person doing the Title 24 (California's energy conservation code) could not...
  2. coastalredwood

Moving toilet four inches

It seems answers to your question got sidetracked. Cast iron is not obsolete, but no longer often used residentially. It's much quieter than ABS (black plastic) so if a drain from an upstairs bathroom crossed over your living room ceiling you'd be smart to use cast. Otherwise you'd hear the...
  3. coastalredwood

Sewer line slope

I'm about to add a bathroom in an outbuilding that is on a bluff, with the septic tank 40' below, then over a ways. I'm hoping to run a 3" ABS line 40' down the bluff (about a 45 degree angle), then across the flat at standard 1/4"/ft. for another 60' to the tank. Is there any problem with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks