Recent content by closer

1. closer

3/4" or 1/2" PEX branch line - which is best?

HI Terry... I appreciate your response... but I never said I didn't like any of the advice... I might not have understood some of it not being a plumber myself, but I also said I had approached plumbers with upwards of 45 years experience and was just looking for clarification or a solution...
  2. closer

If this one was wrong too can someone please let me know why this time? As I said before I've spoken with several local plumbers, the last one with 45 years experience, including the training apparently of other plumbers and they suggested what I have drawn in several instances would work... but...
  3. closer

Here's another fine sketch for Reach4 :D This follows my previous post where I am asking if I can build out a small 2x4 wall on the second floor where the tub and shower are. I think it's self explanatory but please ask questions where needed... and by all means let me know if its ok to forge...
  4. closer

if that setup would work I also have the option and room to build out a short 2x4 wall (to about the level of the long blue line which would be over the 6" required for the overflow of the tub) and lined up with the shower plumbing wall on the right... that way the horizontal tub branch vent...
  5. closer

ok... enough of the sketches already... this is a real time photo of the space I am dealing with... nothing is permanently placed yet... but the vertical ABS (1 1/2") is about where I intended it to go... inside a 2x4 plumbing wall for the shower.the horizontal 2" ABS is about where the main...
  6. closer

thanks... I think! its tough drawing plumbing in 2D! will be posting a photo in a minute to see if that helps :)
  7. closer

Hi Jim. I think I'm finally clear on the horizontal venting that you and terry have mentioned will be the problem. So... I still need to run the major 2" drain through the valance, which is the 9" space below the floor joists. Anything other than this will mean that I have to blow holes in some...
  8. closer

just got back from speaking with another plumber and he said there wasn't anything wrong with the first setup... something about the right side vent stack negating any effects of syphoning... so now I'm in a real quandry as to which model (if either) I can use... and open to suggestions...
  9. closer

here's a different sketch of the modified layout... where I have dropped a short line from the tub and shower to the level of the valance where the PTraps are... both would be in line with the Vent Stack and still have the 2% drop over the 17' of run... I've included a top view as well to show...
  10. closer

I can only go in one direction and that is perpendicular to the joists , which is why I was hoping to run through the valance just below. I think in an earlier post though you, or someone said I couldn't run a straight drain the 20" (tub) or 30" (shower) to the valance level and put the PTraps...
  11. closer

Thanks again terry... The link to Bert's PDF is great. I notice on page 12 that they talk about a flat vent which looks somewhat similar to the setup I was trying to achieve... Is the difference that in mine I drop down 5" before hitting the horizontal run that also connects with the vertical...
  12. closer

thanks Terry... I'll probably run the 3/4" as the shower is capable of running more than one feature at a time... not sure what you mean by siphoning though, unless you mean the drop from P to drain would take with it the water in the bottom of the P?... not sure if I drew it quite the way I...
  13. closer

I was about to install my water feeds with copper as usual but in conversations with several who have used PEX more recently they suggested going the PEX route for my new plumbing requirements, especially as I had some very tight areas to work with that may require several smaller joints. In...
  14. closer

Corrosion on Heating Ducts from Copper?

Oh Boy... looks like another can of worms! I opened up a "water closet" on the level below our bathroom reno so that I could route our new plumbing system... only to find this on the ceiling closet (not sure what else to call the enclosure)! We knew there had been a wee drip from something as...
  15. closer

Can I use the existing P-Trap for this bathroom reno

ouch... wish I'd known that before... oh well... live and learn! anyway... things have been cut already, so... which of the three scenarios in the photo would be best for me to follow... from what you have said, I should then be able to just use scenario B and go horizontal through the one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks