Recent content by clix

1. clix

Moen Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Loose

Thanks Jerry. I guess that means this is a broken part that can't be serviced?
  2. clix

I see someone included a picture of the components in an exploded view, thanks! The part that is rattling is not pictured (it's inside the base of the faucet in the diagram) and is what the cartridge is inserted into.
  3. clix

I have a Arbor style Moen, single handle kitchen faucet where the handle will rattle back and forth when moved. At first I thought it was just the hex set screw for the handle, but that didn't help. I took off the handle and the housing that and see that the housing that the cartridge is...
  4. clix

Pfister Avante won't stay in place

Thanks, that's what I was thinking might be the answer. I went ahead and tried to re-form the valve opening a bit and the retaining nut has stayed in place and the valve works now but I'm going to replace the valve when I have time, just to avoid a bigger headache down the road in the event my...
  5. clix

Pfister Avante won't stay in place

I have a Price Pfister Avante (push/pull on/off, twist to mix) shower valve. I replaced the cartridge the other day but when I went to reinstall the retaining nut, it seemed as though brass valve where the retaining nut screws into was enlarged slightly and the retainer nut would not engage the...
  6. clix

Laundry Pipes Freezing

Thanks for the response again and helping me work through this. The living areas of the house are on a basement. For the laundry/garage portions it is slab over crushed stone, however there is about 1' between the bottom of the slab and the top of the gravel. Based on what I can see from...
  7. clix

Laundry Pipes Freezing

Thanks for the suggestion but unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, I don't think that will work for me. I don't have access sufficient to wrap heat tape around the 9' section of the pipe that runs through the void under the laundry room slab. I could wrap heat tape around the pipe...
  8. clix

Laundry Pipes Freezing

I've attached a drawing, it's a cutaway to show the void. A picture will be hard to take given the tight space, I'm seeing most of this using an inspection camera. The plumbing runs the length of the laundry room slab, ~9 feet. I'm not sure about last year's frozen pipes. I assumed that...
  9. clix

Laundry Pipes Freezing

So, I filled in the stud bays with cut ISO panels and spray foamed around the edges to seal things up as good as possible. As I was doing some work on my basement I noticed a draft coming from the rim joist and when I tore out the paneling I found a large hole for the plumbing that runs under...
  10. clix

Double sink DWV check

Any thoughts on this before I tear into this tonight?
  11. clix

Double sink DWV check

So, I have simplified a bit to avoid the extra turns for the wetbar sink, which I think makes a better layout. In the prior drawing, I was worried the trap arm for the bath sink would be too long, but with the revised plan, the trap should only be about 36" long, which is under the maximum...
  12. clix

Double sink DWV check

I tore out a double sink vanity that was in my basement bathroom and will be moving the bathroom sink to an adjacent wall, making the bathroom a little bit smaller and adding a wetbar where the old double sink used to be. My current plan for drain and venting is in the attached, red is the...
  13. clix

Moving wall, drain at front of cabinet

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks!
  14. clix

Understood Any issue with the first drawing though?
  15. clix

That does look like a more simple configuration. Curious if others think having a horizontal, vertical, horizontal path for the drain pipe is better (or at least acceptable) compared to the other alternative. Also, that looks like it would be doing a 180 degree change in direction, which I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks