Recent content by clarksvilleal

1. C

Upflow Acid Neutralizer Sizing Question

That's new information that I was not aware of. However the plumber told me the upflow unit will have some sort of basket filter that will prevent the calcite from exiting the tank, other than "fines" that he will flush out after adding the calcite to the tank, including when it is serviced...
  2. C

BTW, I currently have a 2.5 x 10 filter housing with a 5 micron Aqua-Pure AP-110 cartridge, and it is very effective, but has to be changed too often. I know the upflow units cannot tolerate any appreciable amount of sediment or other debris getting into the tank, so when the neutralizer is...
  3. C

Any idea how long you would have to run it to do a good job of reclassifying the bed? Or would you just do it visually with the light until it looks reasonable? I do have a super-bright flashlight my son gave me for a Christmas present a couple of years ago that would probably work well for that...
  4. C

I had a backwash neutralizer many years ago which did often run the well dry during backwash. However we have since drilled the well deeper. Several years ago we had to replace the pump. Total well depth is 460', pump depth is 427', and at the time of pump replacement water level was 40' below...
  5. C

The plumber doesn't recommend soda ash system, says it could cost about $1000 more (why??), hasn't installed one in over 10 years. I do like the simplicity of the upflow calcite neutralizer, and from what I have been able to determine based on my current level of hardness and the pH level, it...
  6. C

We have a well with moderately acidic water. I am planning to get an upflow neutralizer soon. Main reason for upflow is that our well has a very low recovery rate - less than 1 GPM. So the well would likely run dry in a backwash cycle at least some of the time. Laboratory water test shows the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks