Recent content by clapfc

1. clapfc

Structo lite for base of whirlpool

Maybe there is some confusion here. I am not going to let the mix cure before I set the tub into it. My plan was to put roof tar paper down, lay down the mix at 2x the height needed, cover with polymer & set the tub into it pushing down (standing in the tub) so the foam feet rests on the...
  2. clapfc

Structo lite for base of whirlpool

OK, big box store tried to sell me quick-set cement mix (the green bag) to use on floor of drop-in deck to stabilize the whirlpool. Just did not sound right so I asked a contractor I know and he recommended structo-lite. Am I ok with the structo-lite? Once down I will cover with the polymer &...
  3. clapfc

PEX in shower & whirlpool

Pex Thank you both for responding. I actually tried to use the metal 90 turns (in 3rd photo could see a piece of it on the floor) but could not get it to fit snug with the drop in frame and feared it would interfere with the jacuzzi hoses. Maybe I didn't try hard enough? My PEX...
  4. clapfc

PEX in shower & whirlpool

In my long & slow bathroom project I decided I do not have the skill to solder copper (I tried & tried) so I defaulted to PEX. Sharkbite adopter from 1/2 copper to 3/4 PEX and then transition to 1/2 PEX up to shower diverters and whirlpool (still not installed). I used copper rings to crimp the...
  5. clapfc

Drop-in surround

It is always something! Sunday took the Jacuzzi out of the box to install & almost did without testing it. Decided better & tested on driveway in 31 degree weather with cold winds and light snow. Filled up with garden hose & turned on. Looked good except for one jet that was hard to see. My...
  6. clapfc

Drop-in surround

I want to thank everyone for responding and helping me avoid a costly mistake. My plan was to do the shower area with the Schluter system. As such I have decided to use the Kerdi membrane on the tub deck and the shower bench. If I have the sequence right; thinset on the plywood, then the cement...
  7. clapfc

Drop-in surround

John, Thank you for responding. Interesting question for tub deck waterproofing. I have two bathroom guide books and neither one talks about waterproofing the tub deck. I was just going to use cement board and then tile. I had no waterproofing plan. If you have a suggestion for...
  8. clapfc

Drop-in surround

OK, quick and easy question ( I hope). Building surround for drop -in whirlpool, walls up. Soon to attach the 3/4 plywood & 1/2 cement board on top. Question to those more experienced: Should I use the 1/2 cement board or use 1/2 hardie backer? Is there really much of a difference?
  9. clapfc

Drop in frame for whirlpool

hj, thank you for the response. The manufacturer's installation instructions and diagram did not discuss this issue which is why I came here. This helps. Trying to be exact here so the tub is supported by it own feet on the sub-floor, in the mortar bed, and not by the drop-in frame. I take it...
  10. clapfc

JW, thank you for the response and the pics. I get nervous when measurements have to be exact especially the first time I am doing something. This really helps. Gives me confidence I am on the right track. Did not think about the poly, I will incorporate that into the project. Pics really...
  11. clapfc

Seeking advice on used jacuzzi tub for new bathroom

You can purchase a jacuzzi motor separate from the tub. PVC pipe is easy to replace. try emailing jacuzzi for specifics via there website. I have contacted them before and usually get a response within 24 hours.
  12. clapfc

OK, this is my first drop in frame. Water damaged sub-floor repaired, joists reinforced with blocking, even put sound proof insulation down. Now I have a question on the correct height for the drop-in tub. Here it goes. Height of the tub deck is 19", lip edge is 2" so the...
  13. clapfc

OK, this is my first drop in frame. Water damaged sub-floor repaired, joists reinforced with blocking, even put sound proof insulation down. Now I have a question on the correct height for the drop-in tub. Here it goes. Height of the tub deck is 19", lip edge is 2" so the height from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks