Recent content by cjt

1. C

Shower Rough-in Issue

It looks like the extension piece on this page: http://brassneutralbars.com/sanitary-fittings.htm is what I need. I can only seem to find them from manufacturers in India...I wonder if they are available anywhere this side of the world?
  2. C

Shower Rough-in Issue

Almost The coupling I would need would actually need to be threaded on the inside on one end and threads on the outside of the opposite end. The shower connection for the water supply to the handheld shower is female. Does this exist?
  3. C

Shower Rough-in Issue

Despite my best efforts, my rough-in for the shower waterway feed that will send water to the handheld shower on a slider rail ended up just barely proud of the finished tiled wall. I don't think there is enough thread to attach the waterway connector elbow. The rough-in is 1/2" male connector...
  4. C

Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Valve Install

Good plan...I assume one benefit will be avoiding heating up the valve that could damage. Aquabrass is a fairly well known brand up here in Canada. I think it is a little higher end than the likes of the stuff at Home Depot. I am hoping parts availability will not be an issue.
  5. C

Aquabrass Thermostatic Shower Valve Install

I purchased an Aquabrass shower system that includes the thermostatic valve/volume control. However, the instructions are quite brief...so I am seeking expert opinions. The valve connections for the supply lines and the outlets for the shower head and handheld shower are 1/2" female npt. I am...
  6. C

Tub/Toilet Venting

How to vent? It sounds like a vent for the tub is well-advised. In that case, I am unsure how I can reasonably expect to vent the configuration without running a vent line horizontally. My tub drain wye's into the 3" common drain that is shared with the toilet about 18" from the tub's trap...
  7. C

Tub/Toilet Venting

Link corrected...I hope Here for sketch: http://picasaweb.google.com/cjtully/Bathroom#5263299906822545778 Thanks
  8. C

Tub/Toilet Venting

Sketch Here is a quick sketch: http://picasaweb.google.com/cjtully/Bathroom#5263299906822545778. The 3" line running horizontally hits the main stack in the wall on the right that goes up thru the roof and downward. Do I really need the vent line indicated for the tub?
  9. C

Tub/Toilet Venting

I am re-configuring my bathroom such that the tub is now going to be on a common waste line with the toilet. An existing 3" line leads to the toilet and is tied into the main stack on the other end that is 3" pipe downward and heads upward to vent out the roof. I am planning to use a...
  10. C

Thinset Thickness

Hi, I have installed cement board surrounding the tub/shower alcove and am in the process of using thinset to cover joints. I have a small area that need some levelling and am wondering how thick I can go with the thinset to even out the inconsistenices. Any thoughts?
  11. C

Bathtub Drain Advice

#1 Today, 12:43 PM cjt Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2007 Location: Ontario Canada Trade: IT Posts: 1 Bathtub Drain Advice -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi All, In the midst of a big bathroom reno and was looking...
  12. C

Bathroom Re-model Layout Advice

Thanks for making me think along the proper lines to get what I want from the re-model. Given the space in the room, do you think that the close proximity of the tub and shower creates a funny corner between them?
  13. C

Like this? Is this reflective of the design described above? I am not really that fussy when it comes to the ideal. But, we definitely want a shower and a decent sized jacuzzi tub in the room. The main beef we have now are the funny corners the bathtub creates and the empty spaces...
  14. C

Dimension Correction You were correct, the positioning of the door was off in the diagram. There is in fact 63" from the inner corner to the door. I have updated the diagram to reflect this. If that is the case, do you think there is room for a corner tub behind where the door is now and a...
  15. C

ah...I get it now, that is an important dimension. Though, I have been considering making it a pocket door to avoid any intrusion into the room that may limit the design. As of right now, the dimension for the corner to the door is 63".
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks