Recent content by cilcil

1. cilcil

UV disinfection isnt working

Update: installed Dole flow control ( 7 gpm) and a cool transparent flow-meter (Omega device off ****). Running two showers and two sink faucets only pulled 5 gpm. But re-filling the plumbing, displacing the air, easily went up to flow-meter max 15 gpm- the Dole flow control isn't magic, it...
  2. cilcil

Thanks for thoughts! Bought some septic enzyme booster bottle. I drank it all, but dont feel any less paranoid. RO, removes .5 micron, but don't you still need UV for coliform/e coli? Most internet pages seem to say this. Low flow yes, but $50 restrictor seems easier than a $500 UV firstly. Plan...
  3. cilcil

Thanks Gary for the detailed shocking method. And Smooky thats super helpful sources, thanks. Is it real important to drain the water heater of all chlorinated water? It's a lot of water, and people dont drink it, so whats the harm of letting it be used up naturally? We do have septic, so thats...
  4. cilcil

Yeah flow control seems necessary. They claim 15% accuracy, due to the internal membrane that adjusts. Where to buy 'em? dole seems out there, but not a lotta vendors. ..update: ordered a 7gpm 3/4" inline from Mcmaster.
  5. cilcil

Measuring my flow rate at an outside spigot, before the filter, with the 5 gal bucket gets me ~14 gpm (22 seconds fill), way over the Pura UV20. Pretty close to the BB/ Trojan Max. So I need to reduce the flow. Can I just reduce the trigger pressure of the pump? The meter reads 40psi. It has a...
  6. cilcil

Thanks for comments everyone- so high water rate could easily cause UV to be overloaded, along with water turbidity and iron/hardness? TDS showing 276 or so (with heavy shock chlorination again-this affects?), is that too high for UV? Its a fresh lamp & sleeve (no calcium build up yet). Do I...
  7. cilcil

So no one thinks the UV lamp could be overloaded? General consensus that one missed tap chlorination or bad sampling procedure sent subsequent lab test through the roof? I'll do another chlorination/test.
  8. cilcil

Craigpump, thanks. The watersoftener is before the filter unit. I don't know about softeners plumbing enough to understand "soil line" but does this matter if its before the filter? The softener just drains out onto the lawn, it could get contaminated, but no more than the well. You might...
  9. cilcil

Well: dug well, poor construction (close to house, cap has obvious holes in it, and downhill of a sloped driveway that quickly gets covered in muddy runoff during rains), approx 4' wide, perhaps 40' deep (dont see how to take off cap, but it has a rope that you can pull out to test depth?)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks