Recent content by cidgrad98

1. cidgrad98

water heater and melted fuse?

OK thanks for the response. I would have thought it would trip the breaker on the quick disconnect instead of melt it. Is that common?
  2. cidgrad98

water heater and melted fuse?

This morning I noticed I had no hot water and after further investigation of my water heater I noticed the separate electrical shut off to water heater (at least I think that is what it is) was melted (not actual fuse in my fuse box)... I uploaded 2 pictures to explain since my terminology is...
  3. cidgrad98

Pedestal Sink Installation Question

same problem I did all finish plumbing and my house and had 1 pedestal sink with the same exact problem you are running into. My sink was off center from my drain line about 2 inches and pedestal limited the amount the trap could rotate...I tried flexible traps and finally ended up getting it...
  4. cidgrad98

Prevent well from freezing in cold weather

thanks Hi Bob, thank you very much for the info. This is exactly what I was looking for. Yes, I tried a hair dryer on the iron pipe sticking out of the well the other day but I probably didn't hold it there long enough. I do have a closeup picture of all the technical info on the well for...
  5. cidgrad98

I'm in Lake Wylie, SC and we only have about 3 months where it can get below freezing. We usually don't get below 20 degrees. thanks
  6. cidgrad98

Pocket PC?

I've had a pocketpc and currently have a smartphone. I own audiovox smt5600 that works with cingular. It depends on what you want to do with it. I wanted to have my outlook calendar and contacts available on my phone and with the smartphone it works great. Here's a link that may help explain...
  7. cidgrad98

Just moved out to country and we have a water well. I keep forgetting to drip water when it dips below freezing then when I wake up I have no water (in all my faucets) until it warms up. Part of the problem is I don't have a cover (one of those fake plastic rocks or something) to cover it...
  8. cidgrad98

anyone ever seen 2 vent pipes under sink?

I'm finishing out a new house and finishing out plumbing myself. The plumber who roughed it in has retired and I'm not sure what is going on under 2 of my sinks. I have my hold cold supply as normal then 2 PVC drain pipes coming out of drywall :confused: ? I'm used to seeing only 1 :) Not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks