Recent content by cicerored

1. cicerored

Using a Thermal Break for a basement heated floor - Recommendations from NuHeat

I used the easy mat in my basement with the radiant wire on top of it. It worked great. It has a rated r-value of about .5. I would go with that. Seems to be some kind on foam. So, Cement Floor, EasyMat (buy in large rolls), heating wire, Tile.
  2. cicerored

XPS, is 1" enough?

Short answer is "yes, but" If you only use 1" xps you will have a vapor/moisture barrier but not have enough r-value (mainly to prevent condensation when the heated air hits cold wall). So, what you can do is use unfaced fiblerglass in the 2x4 stud space in addition to the 1" xps. This should...
  3. cicerored

Can Someone Explain Navien's "ComfortFlow" Technology?

The buffer tank is hot at all times. But as far as tanks, it is very, very small. It is also super-insulated, so it is not being heated all the time. It is just enough water to provide the initial burst of hot water
  4. cicerored

newbie question about tankless heaters

Why are your water heaters failing? If the water is corroding them or are they clogging because of hard water? If so I think you will have the same problems on the tankless as well. You may want to look into a water softener or PH neutralizer.
  5. cicerored

Condensate drain tankless hotwater tank

My understanding is that the condensate is about a acidic as orange juice or soda. It is not immediately caustic. The only thing I am not sure about is the ABS issue, because we use PVC here. But, if you have installed a neutralizer, you can safely drain it to any household drain. By your...
  6. cicerored

Recirc system with tankless?

I have experience with Navien. They can be used with external recirc pump or, as Terry mentioned, they also make units with built in recirc. pumps. Even the units with the recirc pumps can be used with external pumps (you just have to set it up to disable the internal pump). Navien is that they...
  7. cicerored

Contolling Circulator Pump by water temperature

Just wanted to update this with solution. I found a RANCO ETC-111000 which is like a digital version of an aquastat and includes a sensor. It is like a temparature controlled on/off switch.
  8. cicerored

Thanks for looking at my profile. I am an entrepeneur and own a laundromat in Syracuse NY and a...

Thanks for looking at my profile. I am an entrepeneur and own a laundromat in Syracuse NY and a appliance repair business. As far as home improvement, I did a total build out of my basement making sure to get everything inspected and permitted. This forum was a big help on that job.
  9. cicerored

Contolling Circulator Pump by water temperature

Hello, I need to install a controller or aquastat that will turn on/off my recirculation pump which is connected to my tankless water heater with external storage tank. I am looking for reocommendations. I am converting from an old boiler water to a high efficiency tankless unit (for...
  10. cicerored

Pipe Size reducer Question, Recircuation Loop

Hi All, It has been a while. I have a commercial boiler with a 120 gallon hot water storage tank on a recirculation pump. The boiler is 20 years old and I want to retrofit a high efficiency (Navien) tankless water heater. My concern is with the water supply pipe sizes, which need to be...
  11. cicerored

How to use two air compressors to increase CFM

I just want to increase the CFU/Minute
  12. cicerored

The check valves are a great ideal. This set up would be parallel, right, with the two tanks into one?
  13. cicerored

Hi, I have read that it is possible and safe to combine the output of two air compressors for high CFU applications. I was wondering how to accomplish this. It seems to me that using an unregulated air tank would be the best way. So the input of both compressors would be connected to the air...
  14. cicerored

two sinks - one riser

Hello again, I have a 1 1/2" riser roughed in in my basement for a bathroom sink. I want to connect two sinks to it: one for the bathroom, and one for a wet bar sink adjacent the bathroom (about 3 feet away). My question is, can I use two sanitary tees (one above the other) or do I need a...
  15. cicerored

Concrete removal, best way?

I did about 12 square feet of 4" slab with the following method: Rotary Drill with masonary bit drilled a circle pattern about 4 inch in diameter (big enough to get your hand in) Heaviest sledge hammer I could get to open up the circle. Once you can get your hand in there, remove as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks