Recent content by chumbley

1. chumbley

No vent in kitchen sink drain

Doing a bit of work around the kitchen, and noticed the sink drain has no vent. It flows from the double sinks into a P trap, then into a 90 (making it essentially an S trap), and straight down through the floor and into the main horizontal drain. The main drain is horizontal in the basement...
  2. chumbley

Add clothes washer to bathroom... DWV tie in

Thanks for the quick response hj. I do understand there are several ways to do this wrong...
  3. chumbley

Add clothes washer to bathroom... DWV tie in

We are adding a laundry next to a bathroom. Current bathroom DWV (on this side of the room) is for lav and shower. 2" DWV up from the basement. Planning to add washer by adding santee in 2" stack below where the shower comes in, and revent in the attic. Please double-check my plans...
  4. chumbley

DWV layout feedback

Yes, I see that the double san tee should be a double fixture fitting. I'm looking at alternatives for the laundry tray / sink. Thank you all. I really do appreciate the insights.
  5. chumbley

DWV layout feedback

OK, thanks Terry...
  6. chumbley

DWV layout feedback

Thanks - I could remove the laundry, and do that differently... As another option, couldn't I make the portion of the wet vent where DFU > 4 a 3"? That is, change the 3x3x2 wye to a 3 wye and the 2 wye to a 3x3x2 wye. Thanks again.
  7. chumbley

DWV layout feedback

DIY'er converting a hall bath to an en-suite 3/4 bath. I've developed a DWV approach that eliminates kitchen bulkheads, which was one of our goals. I'd appreciate a review / feedback on the approach. Jeff
  8. chumbley

Smelly Powder Room

I have been replacing all 4 toilets in my house with Drake II's. The first two were done about a year ago, no issues. The 3rd one is causing me fits. My house was plumbed with the thick all-PVC flanges that sit just above the floor. This total height was too much for the Toto (it rocked...
  9. chumbley

Delta Thermostatic Shower Valve response time

Another house, another shower remodel... In my last remodel, I used a Kohler thermostatic valve and separate volume controls for the heads. Worked great, but I wasn't impressed with the Kohler thermostatic valve. I found the response time too slow. Sure, it prevented scalding, but you...
  10. chumbley

Pressure Balance vs. Thermostatic Valves

And to further pile on an older thread... For the first 10 years, our bathroom had a Moen pressure balanced valve. It worked flawlessly. When I remodeled the bath, I went with a Kohler thermostatic valve feeding two separate volume controls for the heads. My thought being that it would be...
  11. chumbley

Can I relocate the pump on my whirlpool tub?

Thanks HJ. Perhaps that is where this went wrong - maybe my e-tailer didn't know that and just happened to find one somewhere configured however. Though I did find documentation on Kohler's site for other tub models where the pump location change was similar for the "custom" version. I did...
  12. chumbley

Thanks Jim. The air intakes for my whirlpool are just open inlets that allow air to mix with the water at the spray heads. Typical spa stuff. They just put them in a really bad spot. Hopefully someone else who has moved a spa pump, or knows more about them than I do, will chime in...
  13. chumbley

Yes, I do intend to do that. Ideally, they will have an answer for me. But just in case, I'm also looking for other paths, and what will and will not work. Unfortunately, I've had the tub for a few months now, so I'm doubtful that I could return it. I think no warranty is better than no...
  14. chumbley

I'm doing a master bath remodel, and purchased a Kohler 1337-CN whirlpool spa. I built the tub deck according to the documentation Kohler had - and I assumed (my first mistake) that "custom pump location" meant that I got to decide where the pump goes. Not so. Custom pump location to Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks