Recent content by ChuckNJ

1. ChuckNJ

Condensate Line

Eric, My system is fully exposed. Clean-out is at the coil The top cap is removable and it allows snaking, but more likely serves the purpose of pouring into it a mixture of bleach & water to kill the mold buildup if it occurs. Never had to use it, but it's there. I had to use an offset...
  2. ChuckNJ

Condensate Line

Here's a tec. question Why don't they put clean-outs in condensate lines? I put a clean-out and drain plug in mine and I've had no issues since.
  3. ChuckNJ

No Tip

Besides the issue of working on a "unsafely installed stove", the issue also comes down to liability. If you go into a home and work on an unsafe appliance....this stove.... the problem is what a jury would think about YOU.... ..... as the lawsuit unfolded against you, the original...
  4. ChuckNJ

A few gifts from plumbers.... to the rest of us.

What did I win? How long before the check is in the mail? ;-)
  5. ChuckNJ

Cost Estimate for Bathroom Rough-in

Shawn, When you say contractor, are you referencing a renovations contractor or a licensed plumber? Did he include permits? Does your town require them?
  6. ChuckNJ

Waste bi-product of methane gas....causes deaths in VA

I have a friend who worked for a company here who did septic cleanings (he's since moved his family to TN). His former employer (septic service) had also experienced a homeowner who also fell into a septic tank and died. Apparently, he opened the hatch cover, stuck his head in and passed out...
  7. ChuckNJ

Who hacked my profile?

GP, That pic of WM has a soothing effect on one who looks at it...... Kinda like when I turn on Smooth Jazz...... CD101.9 Keeps the brain from frying.
  8. ChuckNJ

Who hacked my profile?

Those are my kids..... My poochies. The best (shhhhh! Don't tell my wife) part of my personal life....... I like your Chaquita, Frenchie, you know, the one with the poodle? (better? )
  9. ChuckNJ

Who hacked my profile?

Hey Frenchie, You're the 2nd guy, that I know of, that has had that happen. Grumpyplumber was also tinkled on by Terry, and he liked as well. The French fries are lying down...... does that have any meaning?
  10. ChuckNJ

Rugged, I agree. Plumbing (the development of it) has saved countless lives. I believe that the bucket throwing / trench filling was even more recent than roman times, but either way, plumbers do great service for the world's population on a daily basis. No argument there. I thank a plumber...
  11. ChuckNJ

Very rarely do you hear about plumbers who've died doing their jobs. I guess from time to time it happens, but for the most part I never really considered being a plumber as an extremely dangerous occupation. I've been on new construction job sites where people were killed, but that was...
  12. ChuckNJ

Wow! So much honesty in so few words...... You're a good man, Charlie Brown!
  13. ChuckNJ

I find that you're not really so grumpy..... You're more like a doc. or sneezy, but then again I haven't heard you sneeze lately.... ;-)
  14. ChuckNJ

I started in the residential remodeling field....oh, over 20 years ago.... and I have had the pleasure of meeting a great number of really interesting people. I've met all types of contractors (take your pick...plumbers, electricans, framers, drywallers, masons, hvac......and so on) and...
  15. ChuckNJ

Language and Courtesy to others

5 bucks, 10 bucks , 15 bucks....... How much is it? Hurry up, I can't wait all day. This credit card has to get back to the customer I swiped it from last night..... If I wait too long, I won't be able to buy that new C-4 panel saw online.... ;-)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks